www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Forum and Web Page Info > TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions

TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions This is the place for updates on the website and forums. This is also the spot for forum questions, comments, ideas, gripes, requests, etc. This forum is NOT for posting problems about your car. Non-topic posts will be moved or removed.

Old August 15th, 2008, 07:43   #1
sunline
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 04 TDI Jetta
Fuel Economy: low 40's
Default Board slowdown

Forums seem to have slowed down a few days ago; takes a very long time to load pages. Me or the board? Inquiriing minds wanna know...
sunline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:29   #2
TT71
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 06 Jetta DSG

I have been having the same problem. However My moms computer with a slower dsl line loads the sight faster than my cable. At work it loads faster. All other sites I go to on my machine load normal. But yesterday and today life has been good on this site. Iam getting proper load speeds.
I consider the site worth the wait. I just don't view as much when things slow down.
TT71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2008, 12:37   #3
sunline
Veteran Member

I see you are in WI, are you on centurytel? that is my provider here and it takes 2 or 3 minutes to load the club pages. 3mb dsl.
Old August 15th, 2008, 13:21   #4
TT71
Veteran Member

No I'm on Time Warner Cable's Road Runner. The dsl that I used was my mom's in Chicago and thats AT&T. When I was having problems with the site loading. It would take a good 2 minutes or so like you. But it was the only page that was slow to load. I'm just happy that yesterday and today the speed has returned.
Old August 16th, 2008, 11:54   #5
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

If this happens, please note the "Page generated in 0.16302 seconds with 10 queries" note at the bottom of the page. It can help determin where the problem is. Also is this a specific time when this happens at?
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:08   #6
TT71
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW Derf
If this happens, please note the "Page generated in 0.16302 seconds with 10 queries" note at the bottom of the page. It can help determin where the problem is. Also is this a specific time when this happens at?
Thanks for pointing that out. I do most viewing late at night past 10:00pm. However, on my off days thursday thru saturday. I have been on the boards during the day and it would be the same slow speeds. I do have to say that the past 3 days have been good with acceptable speeds.
Old August 16th, 2008, 12:28   #7
sunline
Veteran Member

Mine has that info at the bottom with 13 quiries but takes upwards of 2 minutes to load. Happens all the time for me for the last 5 or 6 days now. Something in my browser messed up? I updated firefox and have zonealarm with avg anitvirus. this is the only slow site everything else pops quick, near instantaneously most sites. Thanks Steve
Old August 18th, 2008, 01:40   #8
VW Derf
Administrator

Fuel Economy: 5.9L / 100km

Please cut and paste the whole line and post or pm/email it to me.

Thanks,
VW Derf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2008, 16:49   #9
sunline
Veteran Member

Page generated in 0.19250 seconds with 15 queries[Output: 82.91 Kb. compressed to 77.89 Kb. by saving 5.01 Kb. (6.05%)]
still very slow to load for me, sometimes a page will pop after i get to the main board but mostly it is 2 minutes or so to get a page. thanks
Old August 22nd, 2008, 12:37   #10
sunline
Veteran Member

board back up to speed; dont know what happened or what I did. Tried to upload a corrupted file to Qloader and next thing I know the club pops again. Go figger....