www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2007

TDIFest 2007 Discussion about TDIFest 2007 that happened in Montréal, Canada.

Old December 28th, 2006, 14:22   #1
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s
Default Want to help out at the Fest?? Fest Volunteer Thread.

Ok Everyone,
We've been getting some interest in having people help out with various activities. So, in response to this we would like to say WELCOME. We welcome any help we can get. We are planning many activities which will require the use of volunteers to help keep things organized, running, and flowing smoothly. The list of activities is yet to be finalized. But we would just like to get an idea of how many people are willing to help us run some events.

This is not a sponsorship or vendor thread (you will be contacted seperately soon enough, thank you for your help in that area). This is just for working bodies. We 10 committee orgnizers can not do it on our own, therefore we are relying on others from the site to help us out.
Please know that we appreciate any and all assistance that you can provide for us.

UPDATE:
Ok folks here's the list of things we'll be needing some volunteer help for:
Scavenger Hunt Event - manning different stations and locations throughout the Scavenger Hunt Course, possibily handing out goodies to contestants.
Driving Skills Course - need judges, people to help set up cones, and do the scoring.
Technical Assistants - people to help set up laptops, projectors, tables, and get them running for events such as the speakers breakfast and Sunday Banquet.
Event Assistants - People to help the leads check people's badges at meal events, and answer questions.
General Volunteer - we'll beed Go-For's, people filling bags, helping direct people and answer questions, posting signage, etc.

More to come. But if you'd like to help out with any of these areas, please let us know. We need your help to make this run as smoothly as possible.
Husbands if you have wives you'd like to bring along, but they don't want to be bored while you do the Car Thing - ask them if they'd like to get involved and volunteer. Wives if you have Husbands who you'd like to bring under the same conditions, please do so. Partners, if you have a partner you'd like to bring - by all means, let them join and help out if they'd like. There's all sorts of opportunity for happiness all around!
~ TDIFest Organizing committee

UPDATE:
for those who are looking at the schedule of what needs to be filled in and where they are scheduled, please see the following:

What’s Happening Schedule - Volunteers

Friday
Registration - Meet Shalon, Lai, Steve
Trainnon Foyer
12:00pm – 8pm
Lisa, Albert

Saturday:

Registration
Trianon Foyer - Meet Shalon, Lai, Steve
8:00am-12:00pm
Lisa, Albert

Sunday:

Scavenger Hunt

Hotel Parking Lot - meet Ketih
10:00am-12:00pm
Terry

Driving Skills Course
Hotel Parking Lot - meet Keith
2:00pm - 3:30pm
Josh, Guyaume

Please let me know if there is anyone who is willing to help out in any of these areas. Specifically we need 5 people for the Scavenger Hunt, who do not want to participate in this specific event. Thanks!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.

Last edited by Zippy_car; August 20th, 2007 at 23:13.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2006, 16:36   #2
jasonTDI

Fuel Economy: 13.7 c, 12-15 towing hwy. 17-19

Lisa, My wife has voluteered to shelp with regestration.
Old December 31st, 2006, 17:28   #3
Phoenix42
Veteran Member

You know where to find me Zippy.
Phoenix42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2006, 19:11   #4
loudog

Default Fest...

I live in Montreal, So i can help with Direction and some other stuff 'round here... Just let me know.. I i can help i will..
Old January 9th, 2007, 17:56   #5
WORBC
Veteran Member

TDI(s): New Beetle
Default Help

Zippy, I'd gladly help where I can, please keep me informed if you need any satellites built and launched... No just kidding, I'd gladly help. This will be a pre-honeymoon for us.

--terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy_car
Ok Everyone,
We've been getting some interest in having people help out with various activities. So, in response to this we would like to say WELCOME. We welcome any help we can get. We are planning many activities which will require the use of volunteers to help keep things organized, running, and flowing smoothly. The list of activities is yet to be finalized. But we would just like to get an idea of how many people are willing to help us run some events.

This is not a sponsorship or vendor thread (you will be contacted seperately soon enough, thank you for your help in that area). This is just for working bodies. We 10 committee orgnizers can not do it on our own, therefore we are relying on others from the site to help us out.
Please know that we appreciate any and all assistance that you can provide for us.

More information is soon to come as to what activites will need to be staffed, how we will identify you, how we will schedule you, etc. Until that time, we would just like a head count of who's interested in helping out. Please keep your eyes peeled to the Fest 2007 section, and to this thread for further volunteer information.

Thank you all, once again, for offereing to help out at this awesome event!

~ TDIFest Organizing committee
- VR6 Clutch & Lightweight Flywheel
- CARACTERE body kit
- Special modified exhaust with Magnaflow Muffler
- Three Gauge Pod with Boost, Oil & Water temp gauges
- Rocketchip Stage III
- Sprints 520s
- ProSound System

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

"You can't build a reputation on what you're going to do." Henry Ford
WORBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 11:46   #6
loudog

Default Fest Montreal

I might be able to help with Freight Transportation if any.. I got some contact with transport compagnies... And Direction too, Place to stay/eat and if anyone want's nice place to hang out after the event... I'll gladly help anyone i can...
Old January 18th, 2007, 13:34   #7
Torque_Delight
TDIClub Enthusiast
Modded

Fuel Economy: ~5 l/100km

I'm near montréal too. If there is something I could do... contact me !
Jetta TDI 2001 GL (~650 000 km) : GT-1749VB, EGT/O2/Boost Gauges, Scangauge II, Sachs VR6 Clutch kit, OEM G60 Flywheel, 502 Nozzles, MRTuning, Euroswitch, Hella Micro-DE w/ yellow bulb, Rear fog, Wolfsburg's Heated Seats, Koni STR.T Shocks, H&R OE Sport Springs, TT Control Arm Bushings, 17" Santa Monica (GTI VR6) Wheels, DieselGeek Skid Plate, FX35 HID Projectors Retrofit, GLI Tail Lights, 2004 Trunk lid.
Torque_Delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 08:45   #8
goTDIcandy
Veteran Member

Default tdi fest 2007 help?

his '85jetta diesel or my whitetdi05 will bring us from north of philadelphia.
what kind of help are you looking for? when? how long?
thanks - we're looking forward to it.
kristina & dean
goTDIcandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2007, 08:54   #9
Zippy_car
Trouble Maker

Fuel Economy: 42, 27.6, 23 - Subaru #'s

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetdi05
his '85jetta diesel or my whitetdi05 will bring us from north of philadelphia.
what kind of help are you looking for? when? how long?
thanks - we're looking forward to it.
kristina & dean
When things get closer, we'll post up what possitions we'll need volunteers for and for how long we'll need them. Right now, i'm more just trying to get an idea of those who are willing to help out, as some folks have been enthusiastically PM'ing and messaging us offering up their services. Just wanted to let folks know that we're acknowledging their offers and we will keep you posted.

The list of activities we'll need help for will be posted on the first post. so please refer back to that for any updates. Thanks!

Former mk4 jetta owner, turned Subaru mountain climber.
Zippy_car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2007, 18:25   #10
Wisconsinwagen
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 51.24 MPG

If you guys are looking for people to do learning sessions, I'd be happy to do one on fuel economy.
2003 Jetta 5 Speed, RC3 SP1, 128K, VR6 clutch, Seattle wheels, Bilstein TCs, ventectomy, mufflerectomy, 2.5" downpipe and cat, .681 5th gear. MFD G Navi system, PP520s, consistent 50 MPG, PB 1/4 mile: 15.59 @ 87.56MPH

"Think with your dipstick, Jimmy!"
Wisconsinwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2007, 17:32   #11
Radman
Veteran Member

Fantastic! We are looking for people to do some technical discussions etc. Will post more info as we get closer.
Old February 13th, 2007, 10:39   #12
mtltdi
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 63.21/46.88/30.25

I'll be there as well! Let me know what I can help with.
Old February 17th, 2007, 19:59   #13
beachkokopelli
Veteran Member

I'll be helping getting people there quicker than ever before... only joking. Give me a hola when when you need it. Brett
beachkokopelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2007, 18:12   #14
terry_01vw

TDI(s): 01 jetta tdi

I'd be glad to help with anything. I'll be at school by then which is less than 5 min. away.
Old February 28th, 2007, 21:41   #15
Who

I live in Montreal and would like to help if I can.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote