www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old December 20th, 2006, 19:38   #16
joevat
Veteran Member

TDI(s): TDI PD

post video again.

joevat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:44   #17
pegbox 7
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 48.6

If I can find it from the net I will have to send it to one of you guys as i did last time..failing that i will look for my original posting...
pegbox 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 05:14   #18
VortexNL
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 9.3L every 100 km
Default I got the aquamist water/meth system on my 1.9TDI.

Its great and it works super.... lots more power... and torque... on my xtreemly tuned TDI it adds 45nm of torque and around 22HP... to 28HP.

And the EGTs are lowered...

Mark
Old December 21st, 2006, 08:53   #19
pegbox 7
Veteran Member

Sounds great - do you have any picks of the install ?
Old December 21st, 2006, 09:21   #20
Morse
Veteran Member

Pegbox, if I'm wrong I apologize. I was thinking that car was running nitrous along with a propane system for added fuel. Nitrous alone on a stock car would do very little if anything because the lack of fuel on a stock car.
Sold.. Beetle - Kerma VNT20 kit, Kerma Race injectors, ARP headstuds, DG racepipe, EGR delete, Spec stage 3 with SMF, Autometer gauges, boost valve, walker muffler, cat delete, 3 bar map, metalnerd 2'' lift, 205/60/16 Michelin S8 tires

2000 Beetle auto. Hmm..

Kodiak 4500- Suncoast trans, efi live, semi wheels, custom paint, Deaver springs, etc.

69 Camaro/duramax diesel.. Motor by Fleece Performance, outlaw 10.5 chrome-moly chassis by Biven Race Cars, etc, etc..
Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:22   #21
DieselTweak

TDI(s): 02 Golf TDi

Wow, 22-28 hp is a really good power increase VortexNL. Do you run the water meth all the time or just when you want the extra umph?
DieselTweak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:33   #22
pegbox 7
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morse
Pegbox, if I'm wrong I apologize. I was thinking that car was running nitrous along with a propane system for added fuel. Nitrous alone on a stock car would do very little if anything because the lack of fuel on a stock car.
Yes it used Propane as well with the NOS, it was a bit of " everything chucked at it " kind of machine but it worked very well.

Some detailed picks of a water/meth install would be excellent..
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:38   #23
Mike_04GolfTDI
Veteran Member

I've heard of water and methanol being sprayed on the intercooler to make it colder. Are you sure the system you're thinking of injects it directly into the intake? I would think that to be very dangerous in a diesel.
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:43   #24
DieselTweak

yeah, you just drill and tap the intake and there is a nozzles that goes right there. They use water meth injection on all the diesel trucks for drag races and sled pulls. And is supposedly very safe. it cools things way down and adds power.
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:56   #25
Morse
Veteran Member

Some guys run certain brands of windshield washer fluid as well.. The guys at snow performance can fill you in.. The kit I have is boost activated. You can preset it to spray at a given boost level.
Sold.. Beetle - Kerma VNT20 kit, Kerma Race injectors, ARP headstuds, DG racepipe, EGR delete, Spec stage 3 with SMF, Autometer gauges, boost valve, walker muffler, cat delete, 3 bar map, metalnerd 2'' lift, 205/60/16 Michelin S8 tires

2000 Beetle auto. Hmm..

Kodiak 4500- Suncoast trans, efi live, semi wheels, custom paint, Deaver springs, etc.

69 Camaro/duramax diesel.. Motor by Fleece Performance, outlaw 10.5 chrome-moly chassis by Biven Race Cars, etc, etc..
Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 11:58   #26
DieselTweak

so do you run the system all the time then, or usually? Or do you just use it when you want more power?
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:22   #27
scott_the_sock
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: High 30's City - 53 HWY & now going up

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevat
post video again.
Looks like this is it:

http://media.putfile.com/5th-Gears-N...Wizards-of-NOS
Old December 21st, 2006, 13:01   #28
Stevestyle67
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 45-46 mpg lifetime

Turbo gassers use water injection as an anti-detonation device so that they can run up their boost to really high pressures. Sounds like most use a 50/50 mix of water and windshield washer fluid (Windshield washer fluid is a water, alcohol, and detergent mix), and the water injection pump is usually wired into the ignition to engage at about 4000 rpm or whatever rpm they choose. No need for water injection at lower rpm because the turbo is not producing enough boost to necessitate using it.

Thats the what i know about turbo gas engines, but i dont see why this wouldnt work/be beneficial do someone who wants to really turn up the boost on their turbo-diesel. Like a gas engine i would suspect the water injection would serve as an anti-detonation device so that boost pressure could be pushed to the limit. Sounds like some others here know of real world examples.

Ever notice your engine running really smooth on a misty or foggy day when the air is saturated with water?
Old December 21st, 2006, 13:21   #29
TheoSweden
Veteran Member

TDI(s): A3Q,A4Q

A kit that is boost activated would be very nice to have! Any ideas how I can make my own?

Theo
http://65.110.12.166/showthread.php?t=378371
TheoSweden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 14:29   #30
DieselTweak

Parleys Diesel is where I've been looking at possibly getting a water meth kit http://www.parleysdieselperformance....duct/SNO-47000 , it looks like a reservoir, pump, solenoid, a bunch of hoses and a couple of wires and crimp connectors. I don't know how hard it would be to get some of those part, but some aren't hard to find.