www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old December 15th, 2006, 18:14   #46
madelgado
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_Grauvogel
Just curious - Lito & Phil, where did you get the horn and motion detecting bits? I've checked on the horn at least and can order it through the US parts system, but it's a bit pricey when new ($156) just for some unique alarm chirps. Do you have any better suggestions for sources? I haven't checked worldwide eBay yet...
Hello, just for the records... I bought mine for 12€ (around 15$) in eBay... last wednessday me and a friend went to those places where there are a bunch of crashed cars, and took one from new passat... The guy there did not know how to price it (not their business) so he gave it to us for free. I think it is compatible... we will test it tomorrow (my time) in ten hours, hehe.
madelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 18:20   #47
pheller
Veteran Member

Thumbs up madelgado, you magnificent bastard!

madelgado, you magnificent bastard!

Wired it up as discussed here, changed the 3 bytes to 120, re-enabled the lock/unlock tone (as I had disabled it before), and it works! Success on the first try!

This is with a 1C0 959 799 C, Standard North American CCM, Model year 2003.

Audio Visual Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqKqHpQQaY

Sweet! So now I need to wait for the correct plug to show up and just install!

Now we need some simplified wiring diagrams for the Interior Monitoring, and I'll give that one a try too!

Last edited by pheller; December 15th, 2006 at 18:54.
pheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 18:24   #48
pheller
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate_Grauvogel
Just curious - Lito & Phil, where did you get the horn and motion detecting bits? I've checked on the horn at least and can order it through the US parts system, but it's a bit pricey when new ($156) just for some unique alarm chirps. Do you have any better suggestions for sources? I haven't checked worldwide eBay yet...
My siren [and the CCM I now no longer need ;-) ] came from Mahag VW in Munich, when I was last there.

The Siren was ~ $100. Keep in mind, it's not just a unique alarm chirp. From what I understand, this siren actually contains it's own battery to power the alarm even if a thief were to disconnect the vehicle battery. (Correct me if I'm wrong, Madelgado)

The Interior Monitoring stuff came from ebay.de during that same trip last time.

--phil
Old December 15th, 2006, 22:43   #49
tongsli
Veteran Member

My horn was acquired by Phil while he was in Germany.
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF&Intake Manifold, Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,280mm rears,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power,heated Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2006, 22:45   #50
tongsli
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller
madelgado, you magnificent bastard!

Wired it up as discussed here, changed the 3 bytes to 120, re-enabled the lock/unlock tone (as I had disabled it before), and it works! Success on the first try!

This is with a 1C0 959 799 C, Standard North American CCM, Model year 2003.

Audio Visual Proof:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbqKqHpQQaY

Sweet! So now I need to wait for the correct plug to show up and just install!

Now we need some simplified wiring diagrams for the Interior Monitoring, and I'll give that one a try too!
Phil,

120 or 112??
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF&Intake Manifold, Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,280mm rears,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power,heated Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2006, 03:11   #51
pheller
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongsli
Phil,

120 or 112??

--phil
Old December 16th, 2006, 09:51   #52
madelgado
Veteran Member

Hello, congratulations Phil!

Which value was in the fields before you put the 120? Well, the real change is to set to 1 the bit xxx1 xxxx ... So if you have now 120 this means you have now (bit level): 0111 1000. I know that bits: -XX- ---- define the tone number (RoW, Germany or UK). 112 means UK (3)...

I wonder what is bit ---- X--- for... Phil, please, do u have any special feature in your car? Sunroof, Wagon, folding mirrors, memory seats, interior monitoring, ... or any other feature you may think that is not common to the rest of cars? Thanks.

And now other completely different thing... This morning (my time) I was playing with a friend's CCM, as I said yesterday, whose CCM is 1J0 xxx xxx. Well, Different addresses but the same story, and exactly the same bit. The addresses to activate the DWA in 1J0 CCMs are:

04285 - Set bit ---X ---- to 1.
04291 - Set bit ---X ---- to 1.
04297 - Set bit ---X ---- to 1.

The best thing you can do to simplify things is to select with vag-com (or vds-pro) the UK horn type (3), using adaptation, channel 10. Those memory addresses showed then 96 (0110 0000). By setting the DWA bit (to 1), the value turns from 96 into 112. And it worked!

Hope this helps!
Old December 17th, 2006, 02:35   #53
pheller
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelgado
Hello, congratulations Phil!
Which value was in the fields before you put the 120?
Quote:
Phil, please, do u have any special feature in your car? Sunroof, Wagon, folding mirrors, memory seats, interior monitoring, ... or any other feature you may think that is not common to the rest of cars? Thanks.
2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
Sunroof
Leather Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
ASR, but not ESP
Sport Suspension
Nothing special, really.
I will try IRÜ tomorrow :-)
--phil
Old December 17th, 2006, 03:36   #54
madelgado
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pheller

2003 VW Jetta GLS 1.8t
Sunroof
Leather Heated Seats
Heated Mirrors
ASR, but not ESP
Sport Suspension
Nothing special, really.
I will try IRÜ tomorrow :-)
--phil
Ok, thanks for the detailed answer ;-) Well, my car had 255, de default, also... I think that if you added the ---- X--- bit to the sequence is because it did not work with 112... Did you have any issue with this value? If so, which one(s)? Is your car a wagon? (the trunk lock is different in sedan than in wagons, this bit may be the explanation). Thanks!
Old December 17th, 2006, 10:29   #55
pheller
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelgado
Ok, thanks for the detailed answer ;-) Well, my car had 255, de default, also... I think that if you added the ---- X--- bit to the sequence is because it did not work with 112... Did you have any issue with this value? If so, which one(s)? Is your car a wagon? (the trunk lock is different in sedan than in wagons, this bit may be the explanation). Thanks!

My Car is a Sedan. So far, I have only done the 120 as a test. I am waiting for the watertight connector to arrive for a final installation. When I complete the installation, I will thoroughly test the settings.

Today, I will try and test the IRÜ.

--phil
Old December 24th, 2006, 10:25   #56
shag
Veteran Member

Any luck with the IRÜ, Phil?
Old December 24th, 2006, 11:03   #57
pheller
Veteran Member

Well, I disassembled the IRÜ capable roof harness to the parts required just for IRÜ.

However, the connectors on the IRÜ reading lights are quite different than that of the regular reading lights. So, splices will be necessary. Besides that, I wanted to wait until I got the new alarm horn connector, so that I can do something permanent when I take off the Driver's side footwell trim.

I expect to receive that connector on the 27th or 28th, so I'll give it a try then.

--phil
Old December 24th, 2006, 23:11   #58
shag
Veteran Member

You need to change only the lights or the whole housing for IRÜ to work?

BTW, totally unrelated question - what's the difference between 112 and 120 coding with the DWA (alarm thing)?

oh, and merry christmas
Old December 25th, 2006, 10:34   #59
pheller
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shag
You need to change only the lights or the whole housing for IRÜ to work?

BTW, totally unrelated question - what's the difference between 112 and 120 coding with the DWA (alarm thing)?

oh, and merry christmas

You have to change the reading lamp housing, which contains the reading lamp.

See here for a picture.

I believe those 3 decimal values refer to Germany, UK, and Rest of World. Although, I'm not sure, and I have only tried 120.

Merry Christmas to you as well!

--phil
Old January 5th, 2007, 15:20   #60
J003223

Very good work to all involved in this thread. Can anyone tell me if the diebstahlwarnanlage works on 2006 Mk5? Thank you.
J003223 is offline   Reply With Quote