www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old December 8th, 2006, 13:31   #16
tongsli
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madelgado
Hello, I did not mention before that my car did not have alarm originally (my passat 3bg 2001 is the basic model in Spain)... I went to ask to a VW dealer about how to install the alarm, and they told me that I had to replace the comfort module. But in the end, the different versions of CCMs are exactly the same HW with different configuration (modifiable with vds-pro), and this was my motivation to start to investigate which were the bits to activate the alarm.

The hood switch is not connected in my car to the CCM (probably because it does not have stock alarm) so this wire is needed to protect the hood and battery disconnection attempts. In vag-com, CCM, measure blocks, channel 8, block 1, it said: "not installed" for hood switch (F120). After changing the hood sensor bit, now it tells me if the hood is open or closed. At the same time, the alarm functionality gets activated. Optionally, if the wiring for the interior monitoring sensors is deployed in the car, it will still not work until the apropriate bits are changed. Again, measure blocks, channel 15, blocks 2 and 3 will say: "not installed". After altering this second and third bits it will say: Interior monitoring: yes/no; disconnection switch: "yes/no".

I was able to make the single-tone intermitent horn to work, together with the whole alarm functionality, as many stock cars in Europe, but my goal is to replace the horn by the electronic siren. I have wired already the LIN-BUS (CCM T15/3), supply and ground of the electronic siren, but does not work... I am trying to find out what bit must I change to activate this siren... I have read here a long discussion on the auto rolling windows feature, and I wonder if any "fanatic" of the CCM as I am, has tried this before.

Many thanks for replying!
Do you have the sensors installed and is the interior monitoring working??

thanks,

Lito
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF&Intake Manifold, Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,280mm rears,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power,heated Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 17:33   #17
madelgado
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tongsli
Do you have the sensors installed and is the interior monitoring working??

thanks,

Lito
YES! My passat came without alarm functionality... First thing I did was to wire pin T15/12 to +12 (fused) and T15/11 to the "ugly" horn, hoping that the CCM would recognise the +12 in pin T15/12 and would self-activate the alarm functionality... but no luck... Opening the boot did not make it to take off.

After that, I also wired the hood pin to T15/5; got the signal from the tacho connector... but when checking in vag-com it said: "not installed"... this is when I started to think about the configuration registers... and started to play around this... trying and trying until I found that changing the apropriate bit, then it said: F120: closed... but still in measure blocks 15 interior monitoring was "not installed" ... playing a bit more, then found the bit and... EUREKA: it changed to "yes/no" depending on signal on pin T15/9. All of this I tested at home, with a separate CCM from Leon... but on the next morning, just changed those 3 bits in my CCM at the passat and worked in the first try. I had alarm and interior monitoring working... I had it all wired (hood, horn and IRÜ) already for almost 1 month... and what made it work was the coding, definitely.

Now it works perfectly... My CCM is:

Address 46: Central Conv.
Part No: 1C0 959 799 A
Component: 0X Komfortgerát HLO 0001

I do have the schematics for the IRÜ, if anyone is interested... I can even take a snapshot and put it here.

Now my real need is to find the bit for the backup horn, to remove the actual horrible horn, which I have just as a temporary thing...

pheller, my friend... I hope you can soon read the CCM that you have there ... something tells me that what I am looking for is inside that black plastic box ;-)
Regards!
madelgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 19:34   #18
Occams_Razor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme86
This could become the best thread ever. I love this forum!

I know I need the appropriate window motors (or "Frankenmotors" ) to get the fold option with the mirror switch, but I did read somewhere that the Leons or maybe a Skoda model have another option as well to fold the mirror with the key fob when the car locks.

I mean..... while we're hacking in, we might as well get the whole enchilada, so to speak.

Edit:
Just as an aside, I have found some info on this site which uses the Audi 361 relay to trigger the mirrors to fold using the "SAFE" signal i.e. doors locked and armed, to fold the mirrors: http://www.carcajou.de/howto/spiegel.htm

I have done a rough translation in a Wordpad doc if anyone is interested in this method which doesn't need new motors in window or even the special mirror switch. Only thing you couldn't do is fold the mirrors while actually driving down a narrow street or something.
I would be interested in a translated copy.

As soon as I can figure out why my car won't start I will be installing the folding mirrors. Would be cool to have them fold in when you lock the car.
Old December 8th, 2006, 20:10   #19
tongsli
Veteran Member

Quote:
YES! My passat came without alarm functionality... First thing I did was to wire pin T15/12 to +12 (fused) and T15/11 to the "ugly" horn, hoping that the CCM would recognise the +12 in pin T15/12 and would self-activate the alarm functionality... but no luck... Opening the boot did not make it to take off.

After that, I also wired the hood pin to T15/5; got the signal from the tacho connector... but when checking in vag-com it said: "not installed"... this is when I started to think about the configuration registers... and started to play around this... trying and trying until I found that changing the apropriate bit, then it said: F120: closed... but still in measure blocks 15 interior monitoring was "not installed" ... playing a bit more, then found the bit and... EUREKA: it changed to "yes/no" depending on signal on pin T15/9. All of this I tested at home, with a separate CCM from Leon... but on the next morning, just changed those 3 bits in my CCM at the passat and worked in the first try. I had alarm and interior monitoring working... I had it all wired (hood, horn and IRÜ) already for almost 1 month... and what made it work was the coding, definitely.

Now it works perfectly... My CCM is:

Address 46: Central Conv.
Part No: 1C0 959 799 A
Component: 0X Komfortgerát HLO 0001

I do have the schematics for the IRÜ, if anyone is interested... I can even take a snapshot and put it here.

Now my real need is to find the bit for the backup horn, to remove the actual horrible horn, which I have just as a temporary thing...

pheller, my friend... I hope you can soon read the CCM that you have there ... something tells me that what I am looking for is inside that black plastic box ;-)
Regards!
You need to re-wire your horn to the following for the Siren:

For 2001-2002 the assignments are:
Quote:
1. move pin 2 (factory horn) to Pin 1 of the siren, move T15/11 (CCM) to T15/3(CCM) - Signal

2. move Pin 1 (factory horn) to Pin 2 of the siren - Ground

3. tap pin 3 of siren to T15/12(existing)-power
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF&Intake Manifold, Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,280mm rears,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power,heated Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater
Old December 9th, 2006, 02:37   #20
madelgado
Veteran Member

Ok, right now I have both horns wired in paralell... ¿do you think that this could be te problem? I guess that at some point I unplugged the pins 11 and 12 so that the CCM has no notion about the ugly horn... and still the electronic siren did not work; this is why I keep on thinking that it has something to do with the internal bits...

In fact I have read here that for some models that have the DWA, after applying KVW100 (a buggy series) the DWA stopped chirping...

Have u tested and verified that only rewiring makes the DWA to work?
Old December 9th, 2006, 14:51   #21
tongsli
Veteran Member

Phil,

Siren is installed and working!
Old December 9th, 2006, 16:44   #22
madelgado
Veteran Member

Well, my friends.... I GOT THE BACKUP-HORN WORKING! YEAH!

Thanks to all of you and this fantastic forum! I will keep an eye on it very often. Special thanks to tongsli (Lito), aRd (Ray) and Pheller... without your help I would have never got it... I did not test it in the car yet (half past 1 in Madrid, Spain) but I got the LIN-BUS signal in the oscilloscope now ... I feel really really happy!

I will dump my guesses: Apart of what I dumped before, this is a new dump of registers 4367,4368 and 4369:

04367,68,69: 255 alarm = rest-of-world 1111 1111 default horn
04367,68,69: 32 alarm = 1 (horn) 0010 0000 horn
04367,68,69: 48 alarm = 1 (siren) 0011 0000 siren
04367,68,69: 64 alarm = 2 (horn) 0100 0000 horn
04367,68,69: 80 alarm = 2 (siren) 0101 0000 siren
04367,68,69: 96 alarm = 3 (horn) 0110 0000 horn
04367,68,69: 112 alarm = 3 (siren) 0111 0000 siren

By default, when selecting in channel 10 of adaptation (vag-com) figures in the registers will move among 32 (select 1), 64 (select 2) and 96 (select 3)... 255 if never played with it. This only applies to the ugly horn... so without touching with vds-pro the bit which is in bold, no way to make the backup-horn to chirp... So write in the three registers 48, 80 or 112 to activate the DWA or back-up horn once, and then select from one to another using adaptation, channel 10. And it is done

I will say tomorrow how it went while playing in the car... I cannot go downstairs now, and test "the anti-theft system", in the middle of the night, because the police may come and make a lot of questions... even more if they see me connected with a laptop to the car, hehehe
Old December 9th, 2006, 20:39   #23
tongsli
Veteran Member

M, Excellent work!

Phil,

The UK configuration is definately different from the Germany configuration. The UK sound is like a police siren and is very LOUD!

The Germany is not a whine, but an electronic beep and more quiet. I'll try rest of Europe tomorrow.

One install tip, make sure you mount the siren to clear the wiper motor arms.

T15/11 is a different style(000 979 133) wire from T15/3 or T15/6(000 979 131). T15/3 should be empty.

Chris (Nihilator) you have got to do this MOD!!!!

Lito

PS I've never has do much fun locking and unlocking my car! LOL. It definately has a more Euro-sound to it now.

Last edited by tongsli; December 9th, 2006 at 20:43.
Old December 9th, 2006, 20:49   #24
compu_85
Gadget Guy

Lito, could you make a recording of this? I don't totally understand what is changed.

-Jason
2012 Passat SE TDI DSG. 112,000 miles. Factory Alarm, LED tails, Memory Seat, HIDs 38/48 MPG. Buy it from us!
2004 Touareg V10 TDI. 165,000 miles.
99.5 Jetta "GLX" TDI. 310,000 miles. Half way there!!! Power Memory Seats, HIDs 11mm pump, BV39 Turbo, RCIII 36/47 MPG.
1991 Mercedes 350SDL 230,000 miles, 70,000 on engine. 18/27 MPG.
Past:
1988 Audi 5000S Quattro, 1992 Jetta ECOdiesel, 1991 Jetta ECOdiesel.

Check out the official TDIClub Chat Room!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRUSSELS BELGIAN View Post
Maybe I should pay MYSELF to do bad work on my car!
compu_85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2006, 21:54   #25
Occams_Razor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by compu_85
Lito, could you make a recording of this? I don't totally understand what is changed.

-Jason
I second the motion!
Old December 10th, 2006, 13:13   #26
madelgado
Veteran Member

Hello again... IT WORKED JUST AS EXPECTED... just wrote 112 in the horn mode addresses (4367,4368 and 4369) and ...... peeeeeuuuuuueeeeeuuuuuueeeeeuuuuu.... no more mooooock ----- moooock ------ moooock.....

After I parked my car at the basement, I recorded a small demostrative video.... it is mobile quality, sorry... but shows the work done! I will describe it a bit: First scene, the car... then I open (peep --- peep); then close (peep); alarm gets activated... I rolled down the windows a bit previously, so that I could put my arm into the car... I wait a few secs and wave my hand inside... then the alarm takes off as expected ....; then open with the remote and the alarm stops sounding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDkSdxsQ5o

Again, may thanks for letting me to share this with all of u ;-) Nice people!
Old December 10th, 2006, 21:30   #27
pheller
Veteran Member

Quote:
Hello again... IT WORKED JUST AS EXPECTED... just wrote 112 in the horn mode addresses (4367,4368 and 4369) and ...... peeeeeuuuuuueeeeeuuuuuueeeeeuuuuu.... no more mooooock ----- moooock ------ moooock.....

After I parked my car at the basement, I recorded a small demostrative video.... it is mobile quality, sorry... but shows the work done! I will describe it a bit: First scene, the car... then I open (peep --- peep); then close (peep); alarm gets activated... I rolled down the windows a bit previously, so that I could put my arm into the car... I wait a few secs and wave my hand inside... then the alarm takes off as expected ....; then open with the remote and the alarm stops sounding...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vDkSdxsQ5o

Again, may thanks for letting me to share this with all of u ;-) Nice people!
Well, I hadn't yet gotten to dumping the eeprom on my Euro CCM, but looks like I don't need to!

I'll do this as soon as I get back home from my current biz trip. Wow, and no need for the European Locks Modules!

Good news indeed, but that means that I bought 4 Lock modules and the Euro CCM for no reason. ;-)

--phil
pheller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:20   #28
Occams_Razor
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graeme86
This could become the best thread ever. I love this forum!

I know I need the appropriate window motors (or "Frankenmotors" ) to get the fold option with the mirror switch, but I did read somewhere that the Leons or maybe a Skoda model have another option as well to fold the mirror with the key fob when the car locks.

I mean..... while we're hacking in, we might as well get the whole enchilada, so to speak.
I know that the Leon I drove while in Germany, (a PD130 no less! ), had folding mirrors but they DID NOT fold in with the fob. Had to fold them with the key in the ignition.
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:31   #29
madelgado
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occams_Razor
I know that the Leon I drove while in Germany, (a PD130 no less! ), had folding mirrors but they DID NOT fold in with the fob. Had to fold them with the key in the ignition.
You are right... all Seat Toledo II or Seat Leon I that I have ever seen in Spain have manual folding mirrors, with ignition on or, with ignition off but before opening any door (same as power windows). There are lots of those cars at those places where crashed cars are taken (sorry, don't know the word)... I will try to buy a couple or folding mirrors to try to adapt them to my passat 3bg door; i think that the plastic that gets over the door is rounded instead of triangle shape.

That's in one hand...In the other hand I know that the power window motor is different... but maybe it is only configuration (coding)... who knows after the alarm thing... That will be my next mod in the queue ;-) Once that they work, we will give a chance to the remote folding feature... if it exists out there, then there must be a config bit for that.
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:43   #30
graeme86
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: Worst ever 40.9 l/100km

Theoretically, is (or would) it be possible to probe the Electric Window module with the VDS-Pro program (if you could find its log-in address)?
graeme86 is offline   Reply With Quote