www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Forum and Web Page Info > TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions

TDIClub and TDIClub Forum News, Issues, Problems and Suggestions This is the place for updates on the website and forums. This is also the spot for forum questions, comments, ideas, gripes, requests, etc. This forum is NOT for posting problems about your car. Non-topic posts will be moved or removed.

Old December 29th, 2002, 18:50   #16
jetmann
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 2k2 Jetta
Default Re: Switca

<sigh

A friend I never met
A compatriot I knew
But not well enough
You will be missed
But not forgotten.

My sincerest condolences to his family... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
jetmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 19:26   #17
tongsli
Veteran Member

I'm very sad to hear the news. I had the pleasure of meeting Matt at a GTG February of 2002.

He sat next to me at dinner. Very nice fellow. I had no idea about any of his previous health history.

You will be missed.

Lito

[ December 29, 2002, 19:32: Message edited by: tongsli ]
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 19:51   #18
golfstream
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55, 49, 45

Thanks, Lito. That last pic is just how I remember him from our Whitemarsh GTG.

This is just too sad. I met Switca at the GTG last year that Lito has pictured above. I was just recently thinking about him and wondered why he hadn't posted recently.

I particularly enjoyed his brand of humour in the GD Forum... he used to sometimes bring tears of laughter to my eyes. Now he's brought very different tears to my eyes. I'll miss him.

-Mel
golfstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 20:11   #19
SCBEDM
Veteran Member

TDI(s): scbedm

Condolences to the family, may he rest peace.

I actually e-mailed him a couple of times on a topic once and he was most helpful. As most of the TDI group knows, it does not take much to feel for the members here, even if they are only known from the other end of the wires.
SCBEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 20:23   #20
Birdman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 summer 50 winter

He was one of the good guys i spent a lot of time with him at the GTG. will be missed
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 20:34   #21
dudybug
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: yes, consumes fuel

Quote:
Originally posted by golfstream:
I particularly enjoyed his brand of humour in the GD Forum... he used to sometimes bring tears of laughter to my eyes.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">yes
dudybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 20:37   #22
suds
Veteran Member

My sincerest condolences to his family.
May God hold him close and may he rest peace.
Switca is in our prayers.
suds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 20:58   #23
GotDiesel?
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 60/46/38

Wow. Bummer.

The pictures make his look so young.

Condolences to all.
GotDiesel? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 21:12   #24
Driv'n EZ
Veteran Member

Sad news indeed. His colorful personality and style will be missed.
Driv'n EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 21:32   #25
Torqster
Veteran Member

So very sorry to hear this. Though we never met in person, I always looked forward to reading Switca's comments on just about anything.
Torqster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 22:37   #26
car54
theGAME

TDI(s): 2002 Jetta

hey! We were just fighting over guns in the GD forum a few weeks ago. This is super sad news.

Its like losing a member of the family.. Ive met him many times, and all the sudden he is gone. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

RIP, youll be missed.
car54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:14   #27
osidak
Veteran Member

TDI(s): 00 Jetta TDI
Fuel Economy: 69/51/42

I met Switca for the first and only time at the the Original TDI Fest. Since I have spoken to him by email only. He was really nice guy and he will be missed.

I need to get my scanner working so I can post some pictures of him and Gassin Gerhard sliding through one of the check points in the Rally.

It was nice to have met you Switca
osidak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:26   #28
valois
Banned

My respects and condolences to the family, Matt was a great guy I had the pleasure of meeting at the first fest. I too enjoyed his wit, and his comments always made me laugh. the most recent I can think of was the squirrel thread. He had told me of his health problems quite some time ago, and had been battling with them for a while. Everything is easy now Switca, you have passed the hard part, swift journey to you and put in a good word for some of us who need it. You are missed.
valois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:51   #29
Smithers
Veteran Member

Terrible news, indeed. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

I never met Gregor, but we shared common interests and often shot the bull about racing, cooking, big computers, etc.

We were supposed to meet up at the American LeMans race at MidOhio this Summer, but neither one of us could make it.

There aren't more than 20 people from this forum that I've met in person, and only know 1 very well. It's a sad irony that this would happen to 1 out of prpbably 10 of 10,000 people that I feel was a sort of kindred spirit.

God speed, Gregor. I'll miss you.
Smithers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2002, 05:53   #30
TDI Believer
Responsible For Global Warming

TDI(s): No more TDIs

Matthew Hrybinyk
Matthew Hrybinyk "Spud" Age 45 of Wilmington, DE and a former Seymour, CT resident died December 3, 2002 at the Marine Coast Memorial Hospital in Ellsworth, ME.
He was born June 1, 1957 in Derby, CT to the late Walter and Fortuna Naples Hrybinyk. Spud was a graduate of Seymour High School and the University of New Haven, majoring in computer science. He joined the DuPont Company, moving to upstate NY, then briefly to Wilmington, DE. At the time of his death, he was employed by In Range Global Consulting in Wilmington, DE. Spud was active in the Rough and Tumble Steam Museum in Kinzers, PA, and was a board member of the Dickinson Theater Organ Society. He volunteered for Delaware Dance, handling the show lighting.
He is survived by 6 aunts, Stella Kacinski of Seymour, CT, Frances Gentile of Tequesta, FL, Eva Naples of Southington, CT, and Marie Kosciuk, Rose Riccitelli and Jane Scarfo, all of Meriden, CT. He is also survived by several cousins including, Dr. Barry Kacinski of Woodbridge, CT and Thomas Riccitelli and his wife, Cindy of Cheshire, CT; and a dear friend, Ms. Suzanne Coughlin of Elsmere, DE.
There will be a funeral service at 10 am on Tuesday, December 10 at the JENKINS-KING FUNERAL HOME, 12 Franklin St., Ansonia, CT, where friends may call from 4-7 pm on Monday, December 9.
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to The Dickinson Theater Organ Society, c/o Bob Dilworth, PO Box 7263, Wilmington, DE 19803-0263 or to the Heart or Diabetes foundations.

http://miva.delawareonline.com/miva/...iveobit+397358
TDI Believer is offline   Reply With Quote