www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > TDI Power Enhancements

TDI Power Enhancements Discussions about increasing the power of your TDI engine. i.e. chips, injectors, powerboxes, clutches, etc. Handling, suspensions, wheels, type discussion should be put into the "Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)" forum. Non TDI vehicle related postings will be moved or removed. Please note the Performance Disclaimer.

Old January 24th, 2001, 14:57   #16
Driv'n EZ
Veteran Member

Default Re: Cast Your Vote: OIl Guard vs. Amsoil Bypass

I went ahead and ordered the oil guard. The size is desirable, as it requires less oil waste, and the filter media is less, too. Sent my order in today. I'm with Tomo on this. If they don't come through, I always have the CC system on my side.

Driv'n EZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2001, 15:33   #17
Stealth TDI
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Hi,

For those of you that are reluctant to fax your orders in (I didn't like the e-mail idea, either), fear not! I faxed my order up last Sunday and, to my surprise, the UPS guy dropped it off today. Total sale price for one EPS-10 and two EPS-10F(s) was $101.95 shipped.

Me thinks I'll be tinkering in the garage this weekend.
Stealth TDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2002, 20:31   #18
gary83687

Fuel Economy: 37/40/43

I run the Oilguard EPS-10 on my 2000 Golf TDI. I like it for the size, appearance and cost of replacement elements.

On my 1996 Chevy 4x4 turbo-diesel pickup, I run the Amsoil dual remote with a thread adapter from Kennedy Diesel that allows a Baldwin bypass filter element to be used instead of the Amsoil bypass element. The Baldwin element is about $15 cheaper than the Amsoil element and filters just as well. The factory oil filter location on this truck is almost impossible to get to for service, so relocating it was necessary. The dual remote worked out well for this application.

Bottom line, use the unit that best fits your application and suits your needs. Donít worry about who makes it.
gary83687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2002, 09:21   #19
LanduytG

Well I prefer and use the Amsoil in my 99 NB. Something to remember here. No phone number to contact them buy and you are buying them for half price. 99% of the time you get what you pay for and it would not surprise me if you could not contact them at all in 6 months. But to each his own. Also I see these are $130, you can buy and Amsoil system for that. The filter is half the price but it is 1/3 the size of the Amsoil BE-90. But I guess that someone thinks they are saving money. I think that I have seen on this forum that the oil guard does not do as good a job of filtering either. But its cheap and smaller so go for it.
Greg
LanduytG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2002, 11:05   #20
TooSlick
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Audi 100S

The Amsoil system has proven to reduce soot by 40%-50% ...to date I've not seen any oil analysis that shows the OilGard system is effective in removing soot at all. The oilgard filter elements are less expensive, but they are physically much smaller, so they will have to be changed more frequently. The amsoil system also increases your effective sump capacity by 1.0-1.5 qts, depending in the filter element you use. If you are looking to run extended change intervals, this helps quite a bit.

Both systems do a good job at reducing wear rates.

TooSlick
TooSlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2002, 17:28   #21
Birdman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 55 summer 50 winter

Oilgaurd get extra filters if they are still 50% off.
Birdman is offline   Reply With Quote