dodge caliber diesel in aburn hills michigan

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
Today when i was at the McDonalds in Aburn Hills right near The Palace i saw a Dodge Caliber sxt with crd on it and on the fuel door there was masking tape with diesel on it as a reminder. I do have pictures that i will post of it later.

Slave2school

Top Post Dawg
TDI
99.5 used to at least...
PLEASE post it up, my wife like them and for a dodge I don't mind them that much either! But only in diesel...

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
crazyrunner33 said:
I do have pictures that i will post of it later.
Pictures are mandatory to substantiate all these recent stealth diesel passenger vehicles running around MI :)

Stealth diesel spotted in Joy-zee:

:)

crazyrunner33

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 Golf(bought back)
if you look hard you can see the crd logo (common rail diesel) just like the jeep liberty diesels. I wish i would have took a picture of the fuel door, it had a piece of masking tape that had diesel written on it as a reminder.​
[/IMG]

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
BLUETEC V6, baby! Once they're done, it's off to the crusher for this beauty.

Drewser

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Jetta TDI Wagon, '04 Passat TDI, '03 Jetta TDI Wagon, several more in past
So, in theory, you could buy a Dodge Caliber gasser and then import the VW TDI engine and harness and convert it, correct? I voted on their website to make a diesel way back when it was a concept. I'd roll it quickly.

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
If they export out of the Port of Baltimore then I have seen a bunch of the CRD Calibers. Just not close enough to ID. The place where they unload most of the MB's for the east cost is right next to the south side of Harbor Tunnel. Recently I have seen a ton of Calibers sitting around down there so I am guessing they are just reloading the empty ships with cars like these.

I wish the diesel was here. My wife saw one (gasser) the other day and wants it.

samspock

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 2005, Shadow Blue
The Jeep Compass is the other car we looked at. I agree with you on that one. Are they both pretty much the same car?

scrubber

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI
KROUT said:
I saw one of these yesterday. Those are nice suv's.
I think I heard these will be available 10/15/06.
Anybody know what these are likely to sticker at?
MBUSA quotes an MSRP starting at 43K for the M320.
I'm guessin' a well-equipped CDI will be another $10K.

Lineman

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less... own a RAM 1500 Diesel now
If they sold the Dodge Caliber Diesel in the US, I would buy one. When I was in Las Vegas a few months ago, our rental car was a Dodge Caliber. For a small suv/crossover/whatever you call it, it had good room in the front and I liked the styling.

While the Jeep Compass may be similar, it rubs me the wrong way. It kinda looks like a forced downgrade of a Grand Cherokee.

The future Tiguan has promise, but it isn't even in production yet, and I don't want to wait that long. I do want something bigger than a Jetta/Golf; but the Touareg is just too expensive.

I'll just have to wait and see what my options are for 2008 models w/diesel.

Thanks to TDIClub, i'm addicted to diesel.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
wallenius lines carries the mb and dodges. when i was there several yrs ago i saw an mb mini van driving off the property.