Rabbit TDI!!!!!

TDISurfer

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS TDI Jetta Wagon Reflex Silver and Jetta '99 GLS Sedan Black
So is VW planning on releasing a actual Rabbit TDI?

So is VW planning on releasing a actual Rabbit TDI?:confused:

jlcunlimited

TDI
04 jetta tdi
it was a little of both I should of got a rabbit front bumper foam instead of cutting mine down. I still need to replace the fender liners and need to add four little brackets under the grill but the bumper skin was an easy fit. I should have the parts for the foglights next week. all in all I like the way it came out

vwmk4

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time, Looking for a nice one though.
Looks so much better than the chrome,IMHO. Are you listening VW? Looking forward to the Rabbit TDI in the 2008 M.Y. Make mine a 2dr with DSG please.:D

Veruca Salt

TDI
2006.5 Jetta TDI
Good job, looks great!

I'm a fan of the chrome "smile" on the front, but to each her own...:)

tdipower4me

Veteran Member
TDI
03 jetta
ahh **** i thought it was an actual rabbit tdi in the beginning, neverthe less it looks great. i'd also like a 2 door rabbit tdi with 6mt with the 170 ps tdi ! =)

Matt-98AHU

Loose Nut Behind the Wheel Vendor
TDI
2001 Golf TDI, 2005 Passat wagon, 2004 Touareg V10.
I liked the chrome look, but your conversion makes it feel more like a classic Jetta. I like it. Definitely stands out against the other Jettas. I think VW should offer it that way on cheaper, stripped down models. Or simply give you the option no matter the trim level.

Either way, nicely done.

Evolution

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL, Platinum Gray
jlcunlimited said:
I went with 35% , now I just need to dechrome the doors.
If you want a brushed Alum. look, try sanding the chrome. Start with 100 grit lightly, and then a 320 grit to finish it. I did mine and it turned out great. Did the VW badges front and rear aswell, and de-badged the Jetta and TDI on the rear.
I like the Rabbit front end. I thought about that but liked the GLI front just a hair better.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
Evolution said:
snip....
I like the Rabbit front end. I thought about that but liked the GLI front just a hair better.
You mean "hare" :D

TwinDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (two!)
Evolution said:
If you want a brushed Alum. look, try sanding the chrome. Start with 100 grit lightly, and then a 320 grit to finish it. I did mine and it turned out great. Did the VW badges front and rear aswell, and de-badged the Jetta and TDI on the rear.
Got any pictures somewhere?

scrichy84

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta, Manual
I think it looks pretty good. I just get my rabbit fix by looking at my wifes new '07. After having to have to look at her's occasionaly I like the look of my Jetta that much more.