www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > VW TDI Discussion Areas > Upgrades (non TDI Engine related)

Upgrades (non TDI Engine related) The place of handling, lighting and other upgrades that do not relate to the performance or economy of the TDI engine. In other words upgrades to your TDI that don't fit into TDI Fuel Economy & TDI Engine Enhancements.Please note the Performance Disclaimer

Old June 14th, 2006, 09:15   #1
JJtwin

Default Sharan, reset "Service Now" indicator

I own a 2004 VW Sharan TDI tiptronic.
I have read other posts explaining how to reset de "Service Now" indication on the MFD.
Since I saw there are many procedures using cluster knobs (without VGA-Com tool) , I am not sure which one applies to my VW Sharan.
Thanks in advance.
JJ

Last edited by JJtwin; June 14th, 2006 at 09:40.
JJtwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:20   #2
tongsli
Veteran Member

Thread can be found here

Instructions on how to re-set with the cluster can be found here:
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF,Standheizung,Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater

Last edited by tongsli; June 14th, 2006 at 10:25.
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 10:26   #3
tongsli
Veteran Member

Put the key in the OFF position.

Push and hold the tripmeter button (the one on the right by the speedometer). While holding the button, turn the key to the ON position, but don't start the car.

The display will say "service" (stock) or "SERVICE NOW" (MFI) depending on your cluster.

Release the tripmeter button. Then turn the clock button (on the left by the tach) to the right one click.

This will reset whatever service interval has been displayed, and your display will then go back to normal.

Switch off the ignition.
RC 3.1,DG pipes,Bosio PP764, Forge SMIC,R32 airbox,FSI/OilLevelSensor,150PDTIP&MAF,Standheizung,Bilstein TCs,TT brakes,A3 strut bar,ESP,Folding Mirrors,Aero wipers,Headlight Washers,PDC,Bora Trunk switch,VR6 muffler,4-motion valance, OEM Skid Plate &HIDs,Custom Tails, Zender Spoiler,WE Power Seats,RNS2,MFSW,Anti-dazzle mirror,FIS,IRU,DWA,2nd OBDII,OEM Auto Window,P3 vent gauge, Webasto Thermotop C heater
tongsli is offline   Reply With Quote