New RallyVW raffle is up

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
We are running a new raffle in the TDI Motorsports section. Injectors, chip, metalnerd tools and Fred donated some license plates. Check it out.

Yes, I have permission from Fred to cross post.

Thanks for everyones support.

Oliver
Crew Chief Rally VW

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Will be adding a few items in the next few days as well. The deal ust gets sweeter. Thanks for everyones support.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Well WD...lets just hope that your odds and mine are both very long by the time it comes to draw the winners ;)

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Comon folks...it would be a REAL shame for them to have to abort the rest of the season due to lack of funds when they are sitting in 1st place in a division where they are competing with factory sponsored cars. ANY amount that folks can spare will help. I can't afford much myself but every bit helps.

MikeS_18

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Jetta Wagon, '13 Passat SE, '64 Ford Econoline
Sent some american paypal bucks to you!

Good Luck!

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Thanks. It not looking very good for us to continue. Not much money coming in. I guess we may just be able to do one more event.

ThatRickGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf
Just out of curiosity, how much does an event cost all told (including travel, lodging, food, fuel, race related costs, etc)?

Any luck trying to get local VW Dealerships to chip in something? Any love from VW themselves?

Like most forum members, I don't have huge money to put up, but I'll toss $20 into the hat if you take the sound off of your web site's front page. ;)

-Rick

TdiRacing

Vendor
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI Cup
Thank you very much. We have no large sponsors other than Rocketchip and Kerma, but they are by no means LARGE. It cost about $3000-5000 per event. It would be great to have a corporate sponsor, but we have had no luck with that.

We do appreciate all the donations and we will continue to hope that we have enough to continue the fight.

We are all just regular working guys, taking to the big dogs with unlimited money. That sure pisses them off.

CGR

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf TDI manual. Silver/Black
It is really dissapointing that VW has not got behind you with some factory sponsorship especially considering how well you are doing and that you are competing against other factory teams.

ThatRickGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf
You could also see about getting a Biofuel Co-op to chip in a couple of bucks for some add space on the car. Heck, maybe you can talk a local co-op into filling your tank at the race. It'd be free fuel for you, and a great advertisement for them.

-Rick

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Well VW probably is'nt too keen on thier BioD use...they certainly don't want to be seen as promoting the use of ANYTHING beyond 5% BD...maybe trying to get into the sponsiorship pockets of a company like ADM or one of the other Big Ag companies is an optiong though. They are always looking for ways to promote thier Bio Fuels side of the business to the public. They really would like to be the next "Big Oil" on top if thier dominance in the Ag business. I think the only way they could court VW's sponsrship would require them to turn thier backs on BD.