BlueTooth Add on by VW

chawk62

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Galatic Blue
Has anyone done this or know anything about it? I've contacted the dealer here in Springfield, VA and I really wonder if they know what they are talking about. I would really like to have it installed so my phone goes through my stereo system.

On another note, how about connecting my XM radio to my head unit by other than a tape adapter or fm modulation? I currently have a Phat Noise system installed and would still like to use it. Can anyone tell me what my options are?

Thanks

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
I don't remember exactly how that Motorola/VW kit interfaces, but there's a link to the kit & install info somewhere...

As far as XM goes, what I would do in my Beetle if I wanted XM and my Phatbox integrated, I would get a newer headunit from a car with the sat. radio option... I know in the NB they made some with XM/Sirius, in-dash CD player, CD changer control, and an Aux input jack. You could use the aux jack or go whole hog and procure the VW XM pieces for it, too... just my 2 cents.:D

NewJettaGuy

Veteran Member
TDI
'04 Passat Sedan
VW dealer charge $500 for the Motorola HF kit you can pay $299 for and install yourself with a little help from your friends who have installed it in their cars already ;) .

Go to Motorola.com and click on the Car Kits link; select your phone and carrier and then select whichever HF kit you want.

I have a Sony Ericsson BT kit in my Jetta and it was a snap to install. If you get one and can wait until IMPEX, it can be installed within couple of hours.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
NewJettaGuy said:
VW dealer charge $500 for the Motorola HF kit you can pay $299 for and install yourself with a little help from your friends who have installed it in their cars already ;) .

Go to Motorola.com and click on the Car Kits link; select your phone and carrier and then select whichever HF kit you want.

I have a Sony Ericsson BT kit in my Jetta and it was a snap to install. If you get one and can wait until IMPEX, it can be installed within couple of hours.

What happened to the link into the car sound system? Both of these show a small speaker.

Nate_Grauvogel

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 T-Reg Exec
Lightflyer1 said:
What happened to the link into the car sound system? Both of these show a small speaker.
I've seen a photo of the rear of the stock 04 NB Monsoon CD/Sat/Changer/Aux radio, and it also has phone inputs beyond a normal phone mute input.

Methinks that means it might work with the european cell hands-free option (Handyvorbereitung) or another aftermarket kit designed to work with the car's system. If not, there is always the option of getting a euro gamma or delta radio (or navi) that will work with it for sure. I hope some US Monsoon versions will - I want to eventually piece together the OEM euro parts and cradle to make a really slick stock hands-free installation. I have thought of asking Petr for a hand in getting all the pieces from a wrecked euro NB.

Until then, I'll just use my Nokia's speakerphone feature...

Audiofyl

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 05 indigo blue
I've done a ton of the parrot bluetooth kits which allow the phone conversation to play through the car speakers. It is designed to work on any non amplified audio system, though i've not got the chance to try out a monsoon to see if it would work or not.

parrot h/f

chawk62

TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, Galatic Blue
Yeah, what he said. I can't make it to ImpexFest this year. I will be in Richmond that weekend.

Mister Zarquon

Audiofyl said:
I've done a ton of the parrot bluetooth kits which allow the phone conversation to play through the car speakers. It is designed to work on any non amplified audio system, though i've not got the chance to try out a monsoon to see if it would work or not.
parrot h/f
Audiofyl-
Just joined the forum (looking to buy a jetta TDI tomorrow / next week actually) and I was wondering if you have noticed any sound quality issues in the parrot system. Not in the handsfree mode, but affecting the sound output of the stereo while it is not in use. I read the tomtom handsfree module that interfaces with the stereo is unshielded and adds a ton of noise. If the parrot worked and didn't effect the music quality, i would get as soon as i got the car.

I'm looking to get the Package 1 TDI, the XM radio with 6 cd changer, and DSG, along with the additional airbags.

Last edited:

Audiofyl

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 05 indigo blue
Honestly most of them that i've done haven't been linked to the stereo as many of the vehicles I work on have factory amplified systems and the parrot isn't designed for that. The few that i have been able to hook up have had no problems. The way the parrot integrates is that you unhook the speakers from the radio and put their harness in between so that the radio outputs go into the parrot then out of the parrot to the vehicle speakers. There's a relay box that switches the outputs back and forth when you take a call. Like I posted earlier, it's possible it could integrate with monsoon as it will accept a speaker level input, however I can't confirm that as I haven't tried. Worst case is you might need to use an auxiliary speaker to play the phone conversation which is generally located under the dash and you'd have to turn the radio volume down to accomodate your phone call which is no different that you'd have to do sans kit.

Audiofyl

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GLS 05 indigo blue
That's cool....however--
I don't believe the 02-up vehicles that have can bus controlling the radio have a dedicated mute wire for the sound, nor an easily accessable aux input that is controlled that easily. If someone knows any better, please speak up.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
That install is in a 2004 B5.5.

The Premium VI (Monsoon and non-Monsoon) have a dedicated Mute pin, and (+) and (-) phone inputs.

skicrave

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Passat 1.8T 4Motion Wagon
I've got the Parrot CK-3000 Evolution in my car, and in terms of functionality it is virtually identical to the Moto "factory" option. The only real difference is the price, the Parrot kit is $99.

euromade

Veteran Member
TDI
Back to the gasser world
Motorola Bluetooth Kit

I've had a Motorola hands free kit in my car for a while and it works great. It has its own speaker and ties into my aftermarket headunit (JVC). The best thing of all is my JVC mutes automatically as soon as I intiate a call or receive one.
I'm not sure if such a function is supported by OEM units.