www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums TDIFAQ Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2014 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Picture Gallery/Specs of Members' TDIs > Golf TDI Picture Gallery

Golf TDI Picture Gallery Do you have a Golf TDI? If so write a message here describing it and insert a picture if you have one. If you don't have one on the computer, email me and I'll give you my address and I'll scan it for you. If you need web space for it, email me as well. Please make a short yet descriptive title for your vehicle.

Old January 8th, 2006, 20:13   #1
Pelican18TQA4
Veteran Member

Default Newbie FOG presents...

'02 Golf TDI 5-speed...

I'm posting these pics for my Dad, TDIclub.com newbie, FOG.

A shot from the rear showcasing his "1.9T" (9 is the 6 from a VR6 badge turned upside down) and "TDI Sport Edition" badges, tint, TDIclub.com plate frame surrounding his custom plate, DriverGear roof spoiler and finally his hybrid mufflerectomy.

Here's a shot better showing the hybrid mufflerectomy. Basically, he took a junk Jetta rear muffler, cut the top off to gut the internals and then welded the top back on, cut off the tips, put on a set of aftermarket tips and made a cutout in the rear valence for the tips. Seems like a lot of work compared to just lopping off the rear muffler and replacing with a straight pipe, but the Jetta muffler was free and he now has exposed tips that look very factory.

Here we have the 337/20th Anniversary GTI front spoiler (purchased when the 337 first came out and the part only cost about $58!). Hopefully the rear valence is getting color-matched in the spring, to match. The plug sticking out, that's the TDI Heater and you can also see the clear sidemarkers (look perfect on a white car IMO).

DriverGear dash trim, VDO gauges (boost, oil pressure/temp), DriverGear shiftknob on a shortened factory shifter and "TDI Sport Edition". Oh yeah, can't forget the StreetPilot.

Can we say E-codes...fog lights and manual leveling are working features. On the far right of the pic, you can just see the DriverGear chrome grill trim.

What you can't see...
- Upsolute chip (anyone have a RC1/2 equipped Golf for him to drive??)
- blue mirrors
- disconnected EGR
- etc. (I'm sure he'll chime in)

Anyway, there you have it folks, one of his pride-and-joy!
"I interviewed the late Steve Yokich, then UAW president, almost ten years ago. When I suggested that Detriot might be putting too many eggs in one basket with its utter devotion to SUVs at the expense of passenger car development and asked if the union might take a position in favor of more economical cars, he started screaming at me." -Jamie Kitman, Automobile
Pelican18TQA4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2006, 21:58   #2
mpaxeman

Fuel Economy: 45 mpg (Nice!)

nice! i normally dont like a white golf, but this is an exception. need see more pix!!

once you go TDI, you'll never cry....that's unless, you wreck it.
mpaxeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2006, 14:43   #3
FOG
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50H/43L/36Towing

Thanks David.
I also have a 1.8/VR6 schnorkel on the stock air filter housing. No snow screen. I also removed the window type screen from the MAF sensor but the big screen remains in it. More pic. in the the spring when the rear valence is white and I have my summer wheels on.
Dad (FOG) 02 GL TDI
FOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2006, 00:24   #4
gregtdi
Veteran Member

TDI(s): TDI AHF 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican18TQA4
'02 Golf TDI 5-speed...

Very nice and original
French Forum Golf4 : www.golfiv.fr
gregtdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 05:19   #5
STRANGETDI
Veteran Member

I wonder where he got that idea.

Some older posts:

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=51805

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=110376

Tastefully done, BTW.

Last edited by STRANGETDI; January 18th, 2006 at 05:25.
STRANGETDI is offline   Reply With Quote