Support RallyVW in Marietta GA- January 7th Timing belt installations!

TDIKen

TDI
Golf GLS, 2000, Silver
Support RallyVW in Marietta GA- January 7th Timing belt installations!

Jon Hamilton, owner and driver of the RallyVW Golf TDI and Ken Sabo, RallyVW co-driver (me) will be installing timing belts at my house to support our team. Here’s the details:

Date and Location
  • Saturday, January 7, 2006
  • 925 Leafwood CT SE Marietta, GA 30067
  • (about 5 miles east of Dobbins Air Reserve Base)
Time slots
  • Three spaces open – 9 AM, 1 PM, and 5 PM
Details
  • 100K mile timing belt kits including new water pump, coolant, upgraded belt, rollers, tensioner and all new fasteners and seals
  • for A4 Golf, Jetta, New Beetle (except Pumpe-Düse 2003 on)
  • cost is $515, all profit goes to pay off our racing expenses
  • includes everything, just bring your car

Jon has done more timing belts than he can count, and I’m an engineer, so anyone interested will be in good hands. We will have VAG-COM and all of the correct tools.

Please send me a PM or reply to reserve your time slot!

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
Jon has done more timing belts than he can count, and I’m an engineer, so anyone interested will be in good hands.
Famous last words...

OK crew... its not like that neck of the woods is dripping with TB change icons, is it? Take your chance to get this vital piece of maint done or I will be forced to kick a cute puppy.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Correction: the Pumpe Düse engine became available in North America for the 2004 model year... 2003's still have the same timing belt system as the previous A4's...

GolfgTDI: >>its not like that neck of the woods is dripping with TB change icons, is it? << Well, Jon Hamilton's certainly an outstanding person to perform these TB changes, but you do have your local guru down in McDonough... although I understand he can get rather busy...

All the best,

Yuri.

Golf_GTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
ymz said:
Jon Hamilton's certainly an outstanding person to perform these TB changes, but you do have your local guru down in McDonough... although I understand he can get rather busy..
Oops, my bad and I happily stand corrected. I was told that its hard to get a TB done down that way and took it that that meant that there were few options.

I did get one email today from a person in SC who needs a TB done so that leaves two slots, most likely the early and the late slot so grab one while you can.

Last edited:

TDIKen

TDI
Golf GLS, 2000, Silver
We still have the 9AM and 5PM time slots open. If you are in the Atlanta area, this is a great chance to get your timing belt changed. Check around, you will find that this is a very good price, and it supports the only Diesel ProRally team in the USA!

TDI-MARK

TDIKen said:
We still have the 9AM and 5PM time slots open. If you are in the Atlanta area, this is a great chance to get your timing belt changed. Check around, you will find that this is a very good price, and it supports the only Diesel ProRally team in the USA!
I would like to come down and have the TB done on my 2001 TDI Jetta, this coming Jan. 07th. I sent you a message 12/19/2005.
Thanks

TDIKen

TDI
Golf GLS, 2000, Silver
TDI-MARK said:
I would like to come down and have the TB done on my 2001 TDI Jetta, this coming Jan. 07th. I sent you a message 12/19/2005.
Thanks

TDI-MARK, I did not receive your message, please send it again. Thank you for your interest.

hsus2k

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf GL, 2003, Silver
I've only got 44K on my car........

Over 17K on WVO! :eek: Still running strong with FREE FUEL.

Could I just stop by and check out the cars and may be meet the TDI folks?:D

Are there any Group Meeting or Clubs for our TDIs local in Atlanta? I started the local Atlanta S2000 club back in 2001.:cool:
Thinking about taking my TDI Golf on the track! I think it will be fun at "Little" Telledega Speedway or Roebling Road, too many high speed cars on Road Atlanta, got to up my Hp soon!

Last edited:

kabatc

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, '98, black
I already have the parts already from danix. Are you willing to do the t-belt on a '98 (A3) Jetta? If so how much for the labor?

TDIKen

TDI
Golf GLS, 2000, Silver
hsus2k, I appreciate the interest, but we will be working very hard to get the three belts done in one day.

This is for timing belts only. Perhaps we can organize an Atlanta GTG in the future.

All three time slots are currently spoken for! I've contacted people to confirm for 9AM and 1PM and Jon has someone coming from Alabama for the 5 PM slot. Thanks everyone for the interest.

Last edited:

drignotum

TDI
2000 jetta
i just found out i would be in the same area (GA) when you guys are there, a little late though. oh well. i am interested to know if you will be doing tb swaps in any other location in the near future. thanks.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Italian: your belt's rated at 100,000 miles, so you can wait 'till you get close before making arrangements...

In any case, fellows... Jon Hamilton has come and gone, but your local guru, David Brubaker's still around... UserID "DavidBru"

Yuri