Florida GTG

KROUT

persona non grata
I have vag-com with lap top its always in my car. Thats all I use the lap top for. Some one put it together.

soupaman305

TDI
2000 Golf IV GLS TDI White
sounds like its coming together.. i think we can do better then seak and shake though but i'm also not that picky. lets try and pick a date two or three weeks in advance so everyone has time to get ready. about the good scenery, if we go up some we'll get some good green but i'm down for a nice beach setting.

new2tdiguy

Veteran Member
Orange City (between Orlando- Daytona) Florida
TDI
jetta, 98, black
what would that Dyno cost -(dont really need it right now cause I'm stock, but wouldn't hurt to have baseline to compare later mod's)

I'm working on getting this second- hand 98 Jetta running great in stock form before I start doing a lot of mods.

Would like to have someone knowledgeable take a look at my timing , IQ, etc to make sure all is well.

With the Holidays I Imagine anything before January would be too soon.

How about the weekend of Jan 14, 15, 16 - Monday 16th is MLK day - some will have off.

There is a nice state park in Deland (with a natural spring for you Polar Bears) that has nice picnic area, grills, restrooms.

no speeding in that park but nearby roads are pretty rural.

Thoughts ??!!

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
I submit have it at the SFL GTG Feb.25 in Hiahleah. Show the gassers there's more to Vdub's than gas. 700+ cars last year, plus vendors will be there.

04Passat

Veteran Member
TDI
09 MKV Sportwagen
Hiahleah, that sounds good. I don't think you can consider Orlando to be South Florida.

Also, sounds as though there will be much to see that day.

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
Did own... None right now!
How about we meet at Disney World and see how many characters we can stuff in my Golf?

soupaman305

TDI
Hialeah is kinda far, i mean its a good idea but the point of the orlando gtg is for all the orlando people to be able to get to the spot relatively easily. if everyone can do that then i'm all for it, also theres a 90% chance that i would be able to make the Hialeah meet. i would also like to do a sort of smaller meet at like a resturant or something.

Last edited:

Pitboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf 2 Door
Orlando it is then....

The title of this thread is Florida GTG. Didn't realize it was for Central Florida only.:confused:

Last edited:

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
soupaman305 said:
the orlando gtg is for all the orlando people to be able to get to the spot relatively easily. if everyone can do that then i'm all for it. i would also like to do a sort of smaller meet at like a resturant or something.
Does this mean that Disney World is out? I was thinking we could get shoehorn in a Mickey, a Minnie, one Goofy, all 7 Dwarf's and of course, Snow White. I'm thinkin' Dumbo may be too big to get into a door or the hatch...

todaysits

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2001, Black
KROUT said:
I have vag-com with lap top its always in my car. Thats all I use the lap top for. Some one put it together.
My uncle wants a laptop for Christmas. Where do you park your car? :D

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
todaysits said:
My uncle wants a laptop for Christmas. Where do you park your car? :D

There's a sense of humor! I thought everybody in this thread had misplaced their's somewhere!!!

todaysits

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDI, 2001, Black
KROUT said:
Careful I also leave my pit bull with aids in the car.:D
Hey, my aunt wants a puppy, sounds like we're all set. So where do you park :cool:.

20hr drive anyways. Let me know if you're coming to Canada any time soon, before Dec 25.

new2tdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 98, black
central FL GTG

bump for consideration

new2tdiguy said:
what would that Dyno cost -(dont really need it right now cause I'm stock, but wouldn't hurt to have baseline to compare later mod's)

I'm working on getting this second- hand 98 Jetta running great in stock form before I start doing a lot of mods.

Would like to have someone knowledgeable take a look at my timing , IQ, etc to make sure all is well.

With the Holidays I Imagine anything before January would be too soon.

How about the weekend of Jan 14, 15, 16 - Monday 16th is MLK day - some will have off.

There is a nice state park in Deland (with a natural spring for you Polar Bears) that has nice picnic area, grills, restrooms.

no speeding in that park but nearby roads are pretty rural.

Thoughts ??!!

KROUT

persona non grata
any thing that close to house I am in for. But that would be an hour to 2 hour drive for some. Only 20 min for me.

dave333

Veteran Member
TDI
KROUT said:
any thing that close to house I am in for. But that would be an hour to 2 hour drive for some. Only 20 min for me.

Your Golf must be screamin' fast... Jax to WDW is about 2.5 hours for me!

new2tdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 98, black
KROUT said:
Well Krout,

from the responses posted thus far - I think your're the resident expert in our area. If there is a GTG I think it most valuble to have you present (and your VAG-COM and pitbull).

That said, I refer to my earlier suggestion of MLK weekend - Jan 14, 15, and 16 (not a 72 hour TDI-athon, just pick one day!!)

What do you folks want to accomplish ? a social meet / greet and check out cars or specific troubleshooting, maintenance, mod's ??

please list what you'd like to accomplish. I hope the veteran(s) don't feel overwhelmed.

If this is something that we want then let's settle on time, place, etc.

Thanks,

Darryl

Last edited:

KROUT

persona non grata
I am far from an expert. I just hope I have my tany back together soon. Some how I blew out 5th gear. I am learning tdi's as I go. I acually Live in palm coast only 45 min from orlando and 20 from deland. But yes the car is fast.

soupaman305

TDI
okay okay, we're gettin off topic.florida gtg or orlando gtg, it doesnt matter, the more the better. also no one is picking a day yet. how does early january sound? saturday night? or friday night? by night i mean around 8 or 9ish. thoughts...?

new2tdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta, 98, black
I agree on mid- Jan on a Saturday. I would imagine we'd want to start no later than midday since it gets dark around 5:30 pm. If you're not interested in maintenance / repair/ mods then you could show up later.

Since this thread /idea was initiated by those couple of folks in Orlando, I think it appropriate to gather around that area (YOU ORLANDO FOLKS BETTER SPEAK UP AND GET INVOLVED) Since you guys are familiar with the area please suggest a location.