Champagne performance on a beer budget

PoloPower

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 vw polo 1.9tdi
johnjames1234 said:
oh deadly im excited about this...

thanks man
off topic abit... but do you know if any other vw parts (golf, bora, jetta ect..) fit on the caddy as my polo has the same chassis as yours but im not sure what fits?

johnjames1234

Veteran Member
TDI
golfvan
PoloPower said:
off topic abit... but do you know if any other vw parts (golf, bora, jetta ect..) fit on the caddy as my polo has the same chassis as yours but im not sure what fits?
well not sure mate, but i needed front fog lights for my cad , it turned out that ones off polo fitted, id imagine all the running gear etc etc are all the same fit. you lookin for patrs or sumit?

cheers john

PoloPower

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 vw polo 1.9tdi
johnjames1234 said:
well not sure mate, but i needed front fog lights for my cad , it turned out that ones off polo fitted, id imagine all the running gear etc etc are all the same fit. you lookin for patrs or sumit?

cheers john
ye i want a straight through exhaust to make it sound better but i dont know if any of the down pipes from a golf or what ever will fit because of the different chassis

johnjames1234

Veteran Member
TDI
golfvan
i too have done the evry mod ;-) running on 1k good power, no black smoke, idling fine. but glow plug light flashing ;-(

London Luke

Veteran Member
TDI
doing mine tomorrow..
will let you know if i get a "light"
going in with a 1000k then down to a 820 to see what happens !

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
London Luke said:
doing mine tomorrow..
will let you know if i get a "light"
going in with a 1000k then down to a 820 to see what happens !
Surely you mean 1k, not 1000k.

I actually sent out a board to be made that is this mod. It allows you to choose between two resistor values, and have a on/off switch inside the car.

Nifty. :D

arcticcat93

Veteran Member
TDI
06 V10 Touareg
johnjames1234 said:
i too have done the evry mod ;-) running on 1k good power, no black smoke, idling fine. but glow plug light flashing ;-(
Make sure you don't have a loose connection especially where you spliced in at your pump harness. An intermittent connection will cause a flashing glow plug light.

johnjames1234

Veteran Member
TDI
golfvan
arcticcat93 said:
Make sure you don't have a loose connection especially where you spliced in at your pump harness. An intermittent connection will cause a flashing glow plug light.
im using little probe pins .... so i think there is good conection.
it would be nice to do this mod inside the car.
does anyone no the pins on ECU??

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
I just barely passed the emission test we have here, it's a no load rev test to measure opacity.

This got me thinking that if I do this evry mod and set the resistance to a higher value for the emission test, it should decrease the amount of fuel injected and result in less smoke, right?

arcticcat93

Veteran Member
TDI
06 V10 Touareg
nokivasara said:
I just barely passed the emission test we have here, it's a no load rev test to measure opacity.

This got me thinking that if I do this evry mod and set the resistance to a higher value for the emission test, it should decrease the amount of fuel injected and result in less smoke, right?
EVRY mod will be counter productive to what you are trying to achieve. EVRY can not lower injection quantity below stock, only increase it.

Put something under your accelerator pedal before you go in.

johnjames1234

Veteran Member
TDI
golfvan
scottie_boy99 said:
so what kind of power gains can be expected from this "do it yourself" mod. that evry has talked about with the number 2 and 3 pins
some where is this tread i think there is actual results posted up

London Luke

Veteran Member
TDI
Hey John

I Have a Golf tdi110 SE trim. Standard wheels (i love them) Not one to start adding too much to something that is almost good enough from the factory !
Fitted the best Parrot Bluetooth with also has its own Digital amp and makes the music a lot nicer
Then Stock discs (New) And Pagid pads. I have done all the filters myself using genuine Bosch items I am lucky as Euro's is 5 mins down the road.
Nw tyres fitted 2 weeks ago. Kuhmo kh17's which won "which" tyre of the year.

I did the 1k mod as i have read so many others opinion and i guess it suits what i want. On a good drive i will win against most boy racers , just by been a better smoother driver ! And at 47 with NEVER a single point or been stopped by Plod ! Yet owned Subaru turbos, Audi quattros and a Tuned Mx5

I have seen the "rush" most guys have when they get a new car...straight to Ripspeed etc to start bolting on stuff and getting sucked into the BHP farce !!
I prefer to get the car as set up best it can be with good geometry and the engine running nice.

This 1K resistor is all i need. It makes overtaking a lot easier . Dragging off the lights is not my thing !!

I doubt i will bother getting a re map as i can see no benefit.

johnjames1234

Veteran Member
TDI
golfvan
luke sounds good. you should get pic up , i used too have 04 golf got the bloody PD cam wear so had too sell on. have TDI caddy now, as you can see in SIG ;-)
granted not as nice as golf. but just as quick now thanks too EVRY MOD.

keaton

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI-less ATM
arcticcat93 said:
EVRY mod will be counter productive to what you are trying to achieve. EVRY can not lower injection quantity below stock, only increase it.
Put something under your accelerator pedal before you go in.
Your pulling the signal to ground tricking the DME so it adds more fuel...... if you do the opposite ie a pull up on the signal then the ecu would read you have more fuel then needed. Be careful, do a voltage dividor not a voltage drop across resistor

TDiBahamas

TDI
2001 VW Golf A4 1.9TDi 2 Door
I just performed this upgrade and ran into an error code. This is what I got:

17970 - Quantity Adjuster (N146): Upper Limit Reached
P1562 - 35-00 - -

I made sure that I had a 1k ohm on the plug between 2&3 connector.... I have not seen in here what amperage to use though... I had a 1/2amp, is this big enough???

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
Thinking about trying this soon, is there a picture of this hooked up anywhere?

Also, do you notice much of a drop in fuel economy? I'm not looking to make any smoke or get ridiculous amounts of power, but a tiny bit more without much of a knock on my mpgs would be nice.

msdg137

TDI
09 Q7 TDI
hmmm... For me it has been all driving habits.... I can get high 40's or I can get mid 30's. I can get the same mileage as before but I can get lower mileage than I could before if I really push it I mean driving like a bat out of hell. Im running a 1k Ohm resistor

adamant628

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon GLS
I guess that is what I was wondering, if you can still get the same mpgs as before if you don't abuse the new power.

anyone have a picture of where you hook this up?

thanks

gary1892

TDI
2006 jetta
Im probably going to get crap for this, (because I just jumped to the last page to post) I have an 06 tdi jetta, is it still the 2 and 3 pin on the fuel harness???? and where is the best place to do it......(pic would be nice):) I just watched the video... but is it the same for my 06, or will it even work on my 06

Last edited:

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
gary1892 said:
Im probably going to get crap for this, (because I just jumped to the last page to post) I have an 06 tdi jetta, is it still the 2 and 3 pin on the fuel harness???? and where is the best place to do it......(pic would be nice):) I just watched the video... but is it the same for my 06, or will it even work on my 06
No, you have no pump.