www.tdiclub.com

Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > Meetings/ GTG/ Regional Discussions > Past TDIFests > TDIFest 2005

TDIFest 2005 Discussion about TDIFest 2005. This took place in Lake Mills, Wisconsin on the Labour Day weekend (September 2nd, 3rd, and 4th).

Old September 6th, 2005, 14:16   #16
Keir_Asher
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 30/29/27
Default Thank-you

Quote:

I really look forward to next year already. I'll get on a plane for this group anyday so where ever it is I'm there!

Jeff
NOOO!! Then we can't see that sweet A4 you have!

Thank you for making my car quicker and even MORE fun to drive!
Keir_Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 15:26   #17
turbinia2
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 54 hi/48 ave/40 low
Default Thank-you

I'd also like to add my thanks to those guys and gals that organized the Fest. Way to go! Lake Mills was a nice little town with that friendly small town atmosphere, and a great park & picnic pavilion just for us.

This was my first Fest, but I knew I was in the right spot when I joined that awesome line of TDI's snaking toward the Frostie Freeze on Friday night. The ice-cream social was a great way to break the ice.

Thanks to all the hard working volunteers and sponsors - especially to Upsolute, who donated the gift I won!
Extra kudos to whoever came up with those TDI pins - they are too cool.
turbinia2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 15:45   #18
TeDeEye1
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: over all for 40000 / 46mp
Default Thank-you

This was my first TDIFest but it will not be my last. I too would like to thank everyone who spent the time a energy to put this together and make it such a success. I met a number of people there and can truthfully say they were all good people. The veterans were always there trying to help us newbie's to find the answers to our questions.

Once again, hats off to all of you.

Fred, I hope you are going to invest in a new server cause at the price of gas you are going to see the membership explode
TeDeEye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 17:01   #19
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41
Default Thank-you

What a nice bunch of people this club attracts. It's cool to be able to connect (ever) more screen names to faces. Dang a we're a sociable lot!

TDIfest 2005 was I think by all accounts a total success. The organization was simply amazing and surly must have taken a lot of time and effort to pull things off the way they did. My biggest frustration was trying to sample all of the events! I hear we even got some coverage on Wisconsin NPR! Kewl! Like, we're... topical!

And what weather to share it all in! There's nothing like bright, warm, breezy late summer weather in Wisconsin! Having it in a small town in the middle of a bunch of farms was the PERFECT place for all those newly 'enhanced' TDI's to stretch their legs out a bit. Heh heh heh. Lotsa goofy grins on certain faces as people pulled back from their test runs!

Bravo for an event well done, and thanks a lot!

~BeetleGo
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 17:25   #20
TDI_Convert
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 50 mpg average
Default Thank-you

This was my first Fest and all I can say is WOW! I really appreciate all the hard work that everyone put into it. I really liked the way that it was set up with everything so close together, but spread out so there was room for everyone. I also appreciate the organizers keeping costs in mind when setting this up. It enabled me to take a long boat ride to and from the 'Fest, and after leaving @ 2:00 a.m., the nap on the boat was welcomed.

Here's to many more 'Fests!
TDI_Convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 17:42   #21
vikingrob
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 69.63/47/36
Default Thank-you

Quote:
What a nice bunch of people this club attracts. It's cool to be able to connect (ever) more screen names to faces. Dang a we're a sociable lot!

TDIfest 2005 was I think by all accounts a total success. The organization was simply amazing and surly must have taken a lot of time and effort to pull things off the way they did. My biggest frustration was trying to sample all of the events! I hear we even got some coverage on Wisconsin NPR! Kewl! Like, we're... topical!

And what weather to share it all in! There's nothing like bright, warm, breezy late summer weather in Wisconsin! Having it in a small town in the middle of a bunch of farms was the PERFECT place for all those newly 'enhanced' TDI's to stretch their legs out a bit. Heh heh heh. Lotsa goofy grins on certain faces as people pulled back from their test runs!

Bravo for an event well done, and thanks a lot!

~BeetleGo
It was an event well worth my time, and I got a chance to meet some interesting people. BeetleGo, I forgive you for mistaking my brake pedal for the clutch. Ernie Rogers, I look forward to seeing Aerodynamic Wing 2.0, taller fins and all. Bookwork, our discussion Thursday night was wonderful, and if the 2006 Fest is located more than 500 miles from me, I want you in my car, sharing the drive.

To all the organizers, you did a great job, and hopefully TDIfest will return soon to the Lake Mills area. In my book, I would have no problem with TDIfest returning with some frequency to Lake Mills.

It probably does not yet have the growth trajectory the World Series of Poker has experienced, but if the new diesels supposedly coming for the 2007 model year and after take off, I believe it will.

To VWoA and VWAG: SEND MORE TDI'S!
vikingrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2005, 18:55   #22
BeetleGo
TDIClub Enthusiast
Pre-Forum Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 39/46, usually 41
Default Thank-you

"BeetleGo, I forgive you for mistaking my brake pedal for the clutch."

LOL!! So true! If I ever lose use of my left leg, DSG is going to make it a lot easier to give up da clutch, that's for sure. Thanks for letting me try it out!

~BG
BeetleGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 7th, 2005, 21:43   #23
eyetdiman
Veteran Member

Fuel Economy: 41 HWY, 35 City
Default Re: Thank-you

Jeff,
I got home 30 minutes sooner than the trip to Lake Mills...probably the Rocket Chip you installed...and the Dieselgeek Short Shifter!!

Both great modifications that would not have happened had I not been at the Fest.

Glad to have met you and my car really appreciates the "pacemaker."

Tom W.
eyetdiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2005, 14:45   #24
Myco

Fuel Economy: '99 = 49.1 / '06 = 47.4
Default Thank-you

Just wanted to add my Thank You's to the list. Edward, thanks for arranging my TB change on such short notice as well as all the other hard work you and your crew put into the fest, it was a great time!

Dan, for letting us strangers (some stranger than others )into your shop, and the good advice that you were willing to share.
Jason, thanks for the top notch wrenching and your great disposition. You were bombarded with a ton of questions and comments and you were able to smile through the whole works (the TB is working like a charm by the way).

MJBACH, it was a pleasure to meet you, thanks to you and all the others who offered all the great advice and suggestions and for lending a hand with the Panzer plate install.

Dieselgeek (Jim) thanks for your help with the Panzer plate as well, and for getting my order together also on short notice.

This was my first fest and I didn't get to spend as much time at the other events as I would have liked to, but I'm looking forward to next year. I think we're extremely lucky to have this group, and special thanks to you Fred for keeping it together.
Myco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 18:36   #25
Rammstein
Veteran Member

TDI(s): Golf 92 D
Fuel Economy: 4.31/5.05/6.16
Default Thank-you

A huge thanks to everyone involved in this fest, it was very well done and organized.

Big thumbs up to everybody involved in the 2005 TDIfest.

Finally putting faces on screen names and meeting veterans is always tons of fun.

Took me 22 hours to get back home (did it in one shot...).

One thing I'll do next fest is to leave one day earlier to really enjoy the drive...
Rammstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 17:13   #26
Golfland99

Fuel Economy: 61/53/48
Default Re: Thank-you

It was good to share some TDI tales at the fest a couple of weeks ago. Kind of neat seeing all those TDI's in one gathering and all the different modifications that we do to our cars. I will keep my eye out for a clean beige leather interior from a GTI and let you know if I come across one.
Look forward to TDI Fest 2006. Happy Dieseling!
Golfland99 is offline   Reply With Quote