Economy - Longevity - Performance
The #1 Source of TDI Information on the Web!
Forums Articles Links Meets
Orders TDI Club Cards TDIFest 2016 Gone, but not forgotten VAG-Com List Unit Conversions TDIClub Chat Thank You

Go Back   TDIClub Forums > TDI Model Specific Discussions Areas > VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD)

VW MKIV-A4 TDIs (VE and PD) This is a general discussion about A4/MkIV Jetta (99.5-~2005), Golf(99.5-2006), and New Beetle(98-2006). Both VE and PD engines are covered here.

Old April 21st, 2013, 08:03   #1
TDI(s): 2000 Jetta
Default Gear selector noise, IQ, hammer mod

in the process of resurrecting MK4 that has been parked for three years, throughout those years I've maintain the engine, was running perfect with the bad automatic transmission, did the manual swap, purchased the manual swap from a guy in Canada and got screwed, lots of parts missing, lots of parts were bad, I inspected them thoroughly took my time and recently completed the manual swap, car is running and moving and some of the troubles I am faced with are 1-have a rattling and clicking in the transmission, I opened the panel in the back and it seems to be coming from the gear selector,2-before the car went down I purchased nozzles and many other parts from Kerma including Ross Tek vag com, the car runs rough and from my research the IQ needs to be adjusted and needs a hammer mod. I am very inexperienced with Vag com. Is there anybody out there who can help
RickLpt is offline   Reply With Quote