I want it all

DeepTexas

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I've just parked the Duramax and purchased a 2010 jetta tdi with the DSG (seems everyone likes to hold on to there stick shifts in Texas) less than a week ago, was skeptical but really impressed but stock just won't work. I'm new to this and still trying to figure out threads and this whole beautiful kos. I'm looking for information on what kinda power the stock block will hold, tranny power limits, boost limits, power cheats, how many / what kind mods before ecm tuning becomes involved, any and all in between . Thanks for all the help. Apologies ahead of time if this isn't "correct format"

TNguy

Banned
TDI
2005 Jetta BEW 5 speed
ECM tuning will be the first mod because any modding will have to go through the ECM

Do some searching and BUY VCDS

You have lots of reading to catch up on for these cars

Also, check out http://malonetuning.com/ You'll see why as soon as you open the link;) Many people are antsy about the release of that turbo kit

DeepTexas

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Thanks for the links and info. Lol every time I search somthing the tdi club is usually on the list. I've been trolling for days before I actually registered, the amount of information on here is insane thanks again.

blownaway

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI (waiting for my 02M conversion) 99.5 TDI(totalled) 2002 gasser wagon, 2012 Golf
I am a happy Malone customer from my ALH days. My CR car like yours is still stock, they really do run well in stock form. I will most likely look seriously at the Malone Stage 2 tunes after the dieselgate emmisions junk blows over...Welcome to the forum.

DeepTexas

TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
I come from big v8s and big diesels this is my first 4cyl / forgin manufactured company but I had to stick to my diesel faith, I'm painfully beginning to understand that everything requires a tune or trick to fool the ecm. Is there anything that don't require tuning or bushwacking my harness. Is it possible just to delete my muffler run a cat back with out cel or tune? Straight pipe definitely in the future and I'm looking for spare parts to modify for twin turbos. But that the future and everyone can dream lol who don't want a tdi sleeper to rape a mustang at the light and speaking of dose anyone know of an eta of the emissions trash can plan

jbrowntdi

TDI
09 jsw
I also have been trolling....:) I'm looking at stage 1 or 2 for my 09 jsw, BUT I am lost, which company to use, I have read good and bad with all the software. I don't know. Also is the DSG tuning a separate cost?