R.I.P MK3 TDI Memorial Tribute

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I did a tribute to my MK3 TDI. I shed a few man tears making this video and when i took her to the grave yesterday. Good night sweet prince. you will be missed, thank you for your thousands of smiles per mile i had with you!
Please take a few minutes and watch this video i made commemorating her life and her end. it would be great if you would also sub but thats all up to you.
thanks everyone for your support and i look forward to the 944 swap project with her engine.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=736rMIv6AFQ
[/IMG]

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
By by:(. Looks like she served you well, and was well cared for. I remember few years back before i became a member on the forum seeing some of your raceing vid's with the 666 numbers going around the cones. Looked like fun!
Was the body giving out or just time for another project? Looked like she maybe had more to give...

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
:D:D:D

By by:(. Looks like she served you well, and was well cared for. I remember few years back before i became a member on the forum seeing some of your raceing vid's with the 666 numbers going around the cones. Looked like fun!
Was the body giving out or just time for another project? Looked like she maybe had more to give...
major body rust, floors where GONE, rear strut tower behind tank neck was GONE and the seat belt bolt was hardly attached. many electrical issues with the rear end, locks were worn out and almost unusable, engine had a runaway but probably is fine, most likely CCV blow by build up after inspecting the turbo. too much work to get it to where i wanted, found that 944, no rust, perfect project, can only have one project lol.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Ok, glad you got some good years out of it! Have fun with the new project.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Yes!!!!!!!!

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
You are obviously not your ordinary run-of-the-mill crackpot

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm not sure I know what to say or think about that!
Thanks!? LOL

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I had a nightmare list night, i woke up crying/screaming. i had a dream where i was inside the jetta, it stalled out in the mud at the scrap yard, they picked it up with me inside, and crushed it with me inside.
this really messed me up somehow lol.
to cheer myself up, here is a little clip of me at graduation back in 2014. blasting them train horns, yea i had legit hornblasters kit installed YOLO. didnt know he was recording otherwise i would have lit up the tires and made some real coal lol JK, this was before my malone tune 6.
ah to be 28 again!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpOISlC_qWo

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
^Nice. lol I get it. people say don't personify your cars but I do get attached.
I honestly hope my '03 outlasts me. Truly shameful the MK3 was so poorly rust-proofed from the factory. One of the main reasons I still live in crazytown is they don't salt the roads.