Mk4 automatic shaking on acceleration.

deecee

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat Tornado Red, 99.5 Golf ALH, 2002 Jetta ALH
I have a Jetta automatic that is shaking/vibrating when you accelerate on a hill or when making a turn, rest of the time it is fine.
My hunch is that it is the cv joints but can anyone else offer any advice?

Also, if it is the joints, can I switch them over, or if I go to the junkyard, what model and trans combo axles from gasser fit the auto tdi?

indysoto

Veteran Member
I have a Jetta automatic that is shaking/vibrating when you accelerate on a hill or when making a turn, rest of the time it is fine.
Also, if it is the joints, can I switch them over, or if I go to the junkyard, what model and trans combo axles from gasser fit the auto tdi?
Does it do it on braking? Check the lower a arm rubber, check to see if you have any ripped cv boots. Could be many things, anything done to the car recently?

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Inner CV joint(s) are probably bad.

You can swap over the inner joints. You need to get a left and right handed boot kits to complete the repair.

Last edited:

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Inner joints. If the car has non-OEM axles, they are junk. If they are original OEM units, they may be able to be rebuilt, greased, rebooted, and get you going again. All the 01M 4 cyl cars use the same axles.