First Oil Change 2012 Jetta TDI

childog69

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
i Just bought a Jetta TDI 2012 2.0 in Stick, and am approcahing 2000 mile on the car. I feel like I should change the oil the manual says free service and 10,000K mile but that seens a lot for me. I used to changing after a thousand miles just to get all the metal shavings after it cools and heats up in cycles, and the first beginging of werar and tear startes on the engine. I am at 2000K miles now I was thinkiing about chaning it soon. I hear Vol Synthese 5w30 and VW filters or Mann Filters are the wat to go when canging oil. I am going to have it sent out to be tested after fthe first change and see what comes out. I love the care can, I put Different Jetta rims on it, and mabye foglights. And can i run a staright stainless pipe off the turbo and cancel out the egr cause all thats crap too.:)

Cogen Man

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG.
As far as the first oil/filter change. Wait till the recommended 10,000 miles. I know it's hard to change your thinking on this but your new diesel engine will thank you in the long run. In the past with new cars a lot of folks did the first oil/filter at 1000 miles. That was with dinosaur oil. The full synthetic oils can go a lot more miles between oil changes. Even with the first change on a new engine. Fight your urge to change it now. Also not a bad idea to have the oil tested as you said, but wait for the 10,000 miles. Also your engine has already had it's first oil/filter change at the factory. This is standard procedure.
As for your other question on the SS pipe and EGR delete, I'll leave that for others here to advise you. I'm sure you can put different Jetta rims and fogs on it.
And welcome to the forum and the diesel madness. Get ready for some fun driving and great mpg.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Modern engine design and more importantly modern synthetic oil design has eliminated the need for early oil changes. You car shipped with special oil and it will easily work well for well over the 10,000 mile oil change interval. Changing the oil early is, at best, a waste of money. At worst, there are those who state that changing the oil too early is actually bad for the engine. Most of the Gurus here recommend following VW's recommendation and waiting until 10k miles to do the first oil change. You might want to read this post: http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=2340534&postcount=27

When changing the oil, the most important thing to remember is that it must be a "Low SAPS" motor oil. If the bottle does not say VW 507.0 approved on it - you have the wrong oil. Wrong oils will damage you very expensive exhaust (emissions) system components. Removing any of those federally mandated emissions system components is highly illegal and potentially dangerous if you get caught by the wrong people. Also because it is illegal to do, it is also against the rules to discuss here on this forum.

Have Fun!

Don

Woodrobin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta GLS
i Just bought a Jetta TDI 2012 2.0 in Stick, and am approcahing 2000 mile on the car. I feel like I should change the oil the manual says free service and 10,000K mile but that seens a lot for me.
Please read Drivbywire's excellent article here on breaking in a new VW. One major point from it: Do not change the oil before 10,000 miles. Long story short: it's designed with that 10,000 miles in mind. Don't mess with this. Seriously. Really. Don't.

And can i run a staright stainless pipe off the turbo and cancel out the egr cause all thats crap too.:)
There are EGR delete kits available. Another way to do it have a tuner like Malone Tuning delete or modify the EGR by way of the car's electronic control unit (ECU).

Mark Malone has a Dynamic EGR Control option on his ECU tunes that leaves the EGR on only until the engine warms up, then cuts it out. No error codes, EGR runs when it's actually helpful, and no hardware changes needed. I've used it on my Jetta, and been very happy with the results.

Roshermoore

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW DSG sunroof
Search

i Just bought a Jetta TDI 2012 2.0 in Stick, and am approcahing 2000 mile on the car. I feel like I should change the oil the manual says free service and 10,000K mile but that seens a lot for me.

SEARCH, SEARCH SEARCH---This subject has been discussed, discussed and discussed more and more and more times than most any other subject. Do what the manual says---first change at 10K miles--end discussion.

And if you want to go somewhere else and read the same thing go here: http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2095483

Last edited: