New battery question

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Hi guys,

Just to be absolutely sure.
I got the 000 915 105 DH battery installed I'm pretty sure I don't have to install the degassing sealing plug, right?

Thanks,
Pedro

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
Never mind, I found the answer by carefully reading all documentation on the battery.

Just for the record. The plug goes besides the positive lead covering a small hole in the plastic cover of the battery.

Big Chris

TDI
2006 Jetta
I just got a new battery yesterday and had the same question but there is a clear plastic plug in the battery now. Do I need to take out the clear plastic plug and put in the red one?

And I have 270K on my 06 Jetta - just replaced the original battery yesterday - that's why I got the same battery from the dealer.

shambones

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon
I'm wondering this same question. I just replaced my battery from VW dealership with the part number 000915105DH for $132. It talks about a degassing plug on the literature but is really terrible instructions. Just like Big Chris, I have a clear plastic plug by the positive terminal. Do I have to try and pry out this white plug and put the red plug that comes with it or just leave the white plug in there?

I have been reading everywhere and cant find anything about it.

Thanks,

Last edited:

shambones

TDI
02 Jetta Wagon
I was going to add a picture but cant find anywhere where I can add a picture and if I copy and paste it is just a whole bunch of script.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
The battery needs to vent.

if the red plug has a small hole, or corrugation outside, i would install it.

cars that locate the battery in the trunk need the vent for a hose that takes gasses outside the passenger/trunk space.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
The battery needs to vent.

if the red plug has a small hole, or corrugation outside, i would install it.

cars that locate the battery in the trunk need the vent for a hose that takes gasses outside the passenger/trunk space.