VW wiper blades?

lisa_j

TDI
Mine: 2002 Jetta GLS TDI tornado red! /HIS: 2003 Jetta GLS TDI galactic blue!
Hi everyone!
Can someone please tell me where to get the genuine VW wiper blades with the deflector on them? I looked on Impex but they offer no such thing.

Thanks!

peteman

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI 504 000 km and 2003 Golf TDI 225 000 km
I bought aerofoil wipers from Canadian Tire which come with fins on them. They work great and were $10 CDN each for the entire assembly and blade.

pepper10

Veteran Member
TDI
:)2002 A4 TDI , 2006 A5:)
Lisa, your best bet is to get them at the dealer. I bought mine for $14 but they do sell refills for half the price. The big expense is only on the initial purchase...

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Lisa, IMPEX does have them...you just need to have the approriate P/Ns.

Here are the new-fangled (Passat) units from Valeo produced for VW:

...with integrated aerofoil.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Hmm--I just bought a couple new ones today from Halsey Import parts for $11.04...listed in my signature. Granted, I have a '97...
-BB

Thomas Babb

Veteran Member
my 99 NB came with SWF wipers with and air dam on the driver

side blade .....anyone know a source? Does VW still supply the driver side air deflector? I put some Bosch units on but don't like the fit (they do work, however...passanger side almost:mad: hits the hood 21" Micro edge)

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Bosch icons don't fit to the curve of the glass as well as the OEM blades. At least on the driver's side.

-Jason

doc_m

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Ah been pretty happy with mine so far :) then again much better than to crappy ones I had there before.

biodemon1956

TDI
none...yet
I got the Bosch wipers in the appropriate size at Advance Auto. The driver's side doesn't have the air deflector though. Did I waste my money?

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
compu_85 said:
Bosch icons don't fit to the curve of the glass as well as the OEM blades. At least on the driver's side.

-Jason
Mine fits fine. It should fit better than the bridge wiper blade design.

Plus.... the Icons are easily refillable.

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
The two pairs that I have had on my car do not: The passenger side is fine, but the driver's side leaves about a 1" unswept area at the top of it's travel. The OEM holder with the airfoil on it doesn't do that.

Yes, I'm that anal.....

-Jason

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
compu_85 said:
The two pairs that I have had on my car do not: The passenger side is fine, but the driver's side leaves about a 1" unswept area at the top of it's travel. The OEM holder with the airfoil on it doesn't do that.

Yes, I'm that anal.....

-Jason
Mine wipes completely--- no unswept areas.

cmitchell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS black / black leather
20IndigoBlue02 said:
Mine wipes completely--- no unswept areas.
X2.
In fact the original factory blades left a centimeter or so "unswept" at the top of the windshield on the driver's side. Icons wipe completely. They're the best blades I've ever owned.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
cmitchell said:
X2.
In fact the original factory blades left a centimeter or so "unswept" at the top of the windshield on the driver's side. Icons wipe completely. They're the best blades I've ever owned.
I personally think they are the 2nd best. The best I used are Trico Teflons (no chattering period). If I can find Trico teflon refills... I'd put them in the Icons for the ultimate blade--- or dissect a set of teflons and install them into the Icons--- to get the ultimate blade, imho of course