2014 Passat tune and dpf delete questions

Heavy_D

TDI
2004 Jetta, 2014 Passat
Good morning all,
I’m considering doing a Dpf, egr, adblue delete along with the Malone ecm and dsg tune on a 2014 Passat. The problem is that I’m finding conflicting reviews and experiences online. Some are saying that the Passat isn’t worth doing because of the small turbo, fuel economy goes bad, no big gains, etc, while others love it.
Please let me know your experience if you have done this on an NMS 2012-2014 Passat. Are you happy with it? Did it hurt your fuel economy? Would you do it again? Does it hurt the longevity of the engine or transmission? I tend to keep my cars a very long time (still have my 04 Jetta TDI).
Thanks!

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I know this seems a little counterintuitive, but you could email or call Malone to talk with them about what they've experienced when tuning the newer NMS Passats.

Otherwise hopefully some other Passat owners will chime in. ;)

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I guess it depends a lot on who does the tuning.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
AFAIK there's only one place in town for DPF deletes.

MPGs will depend on driving and your right foot. If you spend 90% of your time on the highway MPGs won't be affected, if you romp on it all the time in city driving MPGs will tank.

With EGR deletes, warm up times may be a bit longer but is healthier for the engine.