Miami 2000 Golf GLS TDI 4-door, leaking injection pump - first $2K takes it

UMTDi

TDI
2000 Golf - Black, 1996 Passat Variant - White
This was my first new car back in 2000 - my wife and I drove this car getting 50 highway mpg but as our family grew, the little Golf got less and less use. It finally came to rest in my garage last year when the diesel injection pump sprung a leak from it's innards. I bought the injection pump outer seal kit, unfortunately it's not leaking from the covers, it's from deep inside.
The pump won't prime from the fuel in the tank, I have to feed it fuel directly, but the engine will run while the pump leaks fuel, so I'm certain a rebuilt diesel fuel pump will do the trick. The thing is I've already done the timing belt myself and I just don't have the time to do this job (required to swap the pump) again. So I'm letting her go.
To be clear - you will need to flatbed or tow this car from my home - you can't drive it around leaking fuel from the pump. If you're anywhere from Miami to WPB or Naples, I will consider towing the car on a U-haul trailer to you using my truck, but you'll have to cover my gas, tolls and trailer rental costs.
I travel a lot for work - do not freak out if I don't respond immediately. If you cannot communicate calmly, I wont' deal with you.
Here's what I remember of the work/mods I've done to the car in the nearly 20 years I owned her:
Mobil1 Diesel every 10K like clockwork
Timing belt, idler pulley and water pump replaced at 74K miles
Black leather interior swap - goodbye grey cloth seats!
Swapped evaporator 5 years ago, AC was working when she came to rest in the garage
Audi A4 steering wheel swap
Adjustable height coilovers
Jetta Wolfsburg edition BBS two-piece wheels with typical oxidation around rim under clear coat
Glass headlamp lenses from Argentina - no plastic "hazing"
HID headlight bulb swap
Glove box delete - you'll need to get one on ebay if it's important to you
Issues you'll see in the pictures, but I'll describe in detail - the paint is in rough shape and the driver's side front fender got dented by a work truck a few years back. Both front fenders have scratch marks around the wheel arches and the plastic front grill got damaged when one of my dogs tried to eat a cat that ran under the car.
Mileage is just over 100K - I'm traveling right now and can't remember exactly but I'll update this post when I get home tomorrow.

PM me if you're interested - I have this listed on CL for more, but I would prefer it go to a TDIClub member who knows what this car's value is.
Pictures

Last edited:

Sactojohn

TDI
2003 Golf TDI
If you just changed the cover gaskets and not the end seal it should be a cheap and relatively easy fix for someone who is willing to remove the pump.

UMTDi

TDI
2000 Golf - Black, 1996 Passat Variant - White
Bump

Just bumping this back up - PM or reply to thread if you're interested. She's got good bones and relatively low mileage for a 2000 . . .