Black diesel anyone??

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
The engine is just a simple supercharged 2 cycle so you'd think out of all engines that it'd do well. Nope.
well, they are very lightly stressed engines. Producing well under 50hp/liter I doubt the piston crowns would get hot enough to burn the coke off.

Pattern is staying steady on my car, drive gently and it cokes up in about 200 miles. Beat the piss outta it and it cleans right up (with some prodigious discharge of smoke, bet the chunks are not good for my turbines)

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
finally had trouble
was running a higher percentage of gasoline (maybe 30 percent) and driving in hotter weather than normal, hundred degrees or so, parked it for ten minutes or so and engine heat soaked into the IP

hot restarts are troublesome, as the fuel in the injection pump will boil once there isn't case pressure holding it in liquid state.
Though, I'm running some stupid big injection hardware with no fuel cooler so that may feed into it.

Little bit of water on the IP got it going again

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
My Kubotas injection pump gets very unhappy with just a splash of gas in the fuel. Same sort of thing, almost seems like vapor lock.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
My Kubotas injection pump gets very unhappy with just a splash of gas in the fuel. Same sort of thing, almost seems like vapor lock.
well kubota has the injection pump in the block, so it runs hotter than an external injection pump