Truck Stop List

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Say someone was planning a lengthy trip from point A to point B and one wanted to plan out a trip where the food breaks (no eating in my car:D) coincide with the fuel breaks. Does anyone happen to know of a good list which has a directory of all the truck stops along a certain route? Any help would be apreciated.

wjdell

Top Post Dawg
TDI
06 Jetta TDI DSG PKG 1 17" VV Campy White/Beige
No eating although I will allow water if they must have something to drink. - My friends and my wife give me a really hard time. Its nice to know that others feel as I do. I have never allowed smoking. I have one friend years ago would wait till we were rolling and light up. I would pull over and ask him to please get out. My wife hates seat belts, so I will sit there in the parking lot till she puts it on. Are we complusive :)

Oh Yea your post - try the AAA club

BioThomas

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
wjdell said:
No eating although I will allow water if they must have something to drink. - My friends and my wife give me a really hard time. Its nice to know that others feel as I do. I have never allowed smoking. I have one friend years ago would wait till we were rolling and light up. I would pull over and ask him to please get out. My wife hates seat belts, so I will sit there in the parking lot till she puts it on. Are we complusive :)

Oh Yea your post - try the AAA club
Yes indeed, its nice to see others feel the same way. I've got to try that with the water. That sounds like a good idea. We do not smoke in our cars, or in our house, either. Seat belts are a given. Everyone here wears seat belts, by default. And yes, we are compulsive. :)

Oh yea your reply - And thanks for the AAA hint. :)

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Here is a link to most of the major truckstop chains.
http://www.dieselbuddy.com

Your passengers will get very hungry/thirsty/nicotine-deprived if you only stop when you need fuel.

Mike_M

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2002 Jetta GLS
wjdell said:
I have never allowed smoking. I have one friend years ago would wait till we were rolling and light up. I would pull over and ask him to please get out.
NO ONE smokes in my car. If that person did that to me, it would be the last ride he's ever be offered.

My wife hates seat belts, so I will sit there in the parking lot till she puts it on. Are we complusive :)
Hee hee! I thought I was the only one who did that. :D I had one anti-seatbelt friend who cussed me out every time I did that when he was in a hurry. I'd cut him off and tell him "if you're in that much of a hurry, put your #&^%(&%^ seatbelt on and shut up!"

Mike

scooperhsd

Top Post Dawg
TDI
NB, 2000, RED(5 Speed conversion) 2015 Golf SE
No one smokes anywhere near me - if they do - it's the last time they are ever with me. Even out in the middle of nowhere...

bogeyboy99

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI
My wife hates seat belts, so I will sit there in the parking lot till she puts it on. Are we complusive :)

No, you're safe. I have a buddy who does the same thing...and I wait until he puts it on. I don't get why people hate seat belts. I don't find them intrusive at all and the data supports their safety.

When the missus and i did our, seemed like annual commute to canada and back, arizona, we did the cracker barrel route. We stoped in one and asked the waitress if the had any spare maps and it turned out to be a cracker barrel map, where to find, etc. Just so happened that there was a cracker barrel on every stop we made for fuel.
Funny how that is.
laters
h

LucasTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
VW TDI
BioThomas said:
Thank for all the help guys. I think I just found a list Yahooing the web. If anyone is interested, here is the Diesel Boss Truck Stop directory.

I found another stop in my general area.
Seems to me that Loves Truck Stops are all over Texas, I preder Conoco Diesel as it seems to have given me the best mileage.

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
Cracker Barrel is top quality across the country. You can get maps
at Wally world that show all the Wally world locations, too.

I prefer to stay at Holiday Inn Express, often the owners :) are there
to greet you as you have those lovely cinnamon rolls :) for B'fest.
They have a discount club you should join and if you get a suite you
have a fridge and a microwave. High speed access is free.:)

If you join AAA they have wonderful maps and regional guides free to
members. It is very hard not to walk out with 20 pounds of books for
free!!

I don't smoke (free 3+ years), but any guests in my car or house are
more than welcome to do so. I actually enjoy the smell (really!).:p
However, I always ventilate my cars heavily.

Everyone wears a seatbelt in my cars.... I don't want their fat asses
beating me to death in a wreck.:D Actually in my state the driver
is responsible for the passengers wearing the belts, so their kids
(survivors) could sue me if they were hurt while not wearing them.

Never eat at an IRON SKILLET, they are very slow and the food is
terrible (and I LIKE greasy food).

If you ever see a Machine Shed Restaurant, stop and enjoy. There are
not enough of them and the food is the greatest.

A laptop running MS streets and trips w/gps and a cell-phone are
great travel tools. You can call ahead and make reservations for
dinner and save some time, also you can call around and get
the best rates for a room.

Bill (sorry for the novel length posting)

sodapop6620

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000
""My wife hates seat belts, so I will sit there in the parking lot till she puts it on. Are we complusive :)""

When I have my niece in the car I tell her that it will not start until she buckels up. And to prove this I turn the key without the clutch pushed in. I started wearing my seatbelt in Japan, it was $100.00 fine out in town back in 86.

As far as smoking, here has to be a 30 minute time from when they finished the last smoke and change their clothes!