2014 Q7 Emissions Warranty troubles

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
Have a 2014 Q7 with fix completed. A couple months later and I'm selling it, buyer has a PPI done, oil leaks diagnosed as rear main seal, should be covered under "longblock" portion of extended warranty. I take it in, dealer calls me and says nope, Audi is saying the lockblock warranty only covers catastrophic failure of the entire engine. This is apparent nonsense, but calling audi customer support is useless, they can't/won't even provide me with a copy of the written warranty (the document we've all seen saying what's covered isn't the actual warranty).

Anyone had any luck appealing extended warranty denials? I can't get my dealer or Audi to even admit there's a process for that....

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It isn't the rear main seal.

There is a TSB for this.

Cannot say if any warranty is applied here or not, though, but typically I would say not.

Edit: TSB # : 10 16-13 2044546/1

It entails checking and resealing of the upper oil pan, the lower timing chain case, and updated drive plate bolts.

Last edited:

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
Finally got a response from Audi;

"Thank you for your patience. After further review, the long block is covered under warranty. However, our dealerships are required to follow the process of repairing the vehicle that follows specific warranty guidelines. Due to the advised repair for the oil seals and other components, this would not fall under warranty. "

Anybody have any idea what that means?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
It means "Connecting rod blown through the side of the block: warranty. Oil seepage from rear flange area: not warranty."

bioburner

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Wagon 285k - Gone ‘10 JSW - Gone '13 Q7 145k
It isn't the rear main seal.

There is a TSB for this.

Cannot say if any warranty is applied here or not, though, but typically I would say not.

Edit: TSB # : 10 16-13 2044546/1

It entails checking and resealing of the upper oil pan, the lower timing chain case, and updated drive plate bolts.

Thanks for the info. I have an oil leak similar to described on a 3.0 with 135k.

gtmule

TDI
Passat, Jetta, Passat
Thanks for the info. I have an oil leak similar to described on a 3.0 with 135k.
FWIW, I was never able to get a response from my dealer, Audi or plaintiff's council and gave up....