Ccm??

Labjet

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
2002 Golf TDI, 84,000 mi. First symptom: Backing out of garage, ABS and brake light come on with beeping, then stop after driving a few feet. Next day, same. Then a few days nothing unusual. Next, it was very hot outside, so I used key to unlock doors AND roll down all windows(have no idea what this feature is called, but it is nice when the car is 200° inside). Then the right turn signal light indicator on the dash, and the three orange turn lights on the exterior were stuck on, not flashing. The left turn signal still operated normally, but right would not do anything--just on, even with engine not running. I pulled fuse 2; lights stayed on. I pulled a few other fuses; no change. Finally, I disconnected the battery and reconnected, which successfully turned off the lights.
Two days later, brake light ( but not ABS) comes on again with beeping while driving. E brake was not engaged. AND I realize the A/C will not turn on. The recirculation light stays on, but nothing happens when I push A/C button. I have read through several posts about these issues, but none seem to have all of them together, and I am more confused than ever.

Labjet

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
How would the brake fluid affect the turn signal lights and A/C? And does the VCDS require a laptop? My Windows laptop screen is broken and can only work with a monitor. Guess I could haul my 27" monitor to the garage, but not sure investing in the VCDS is good for me, as I am no mechanic and only possess basic household tools.

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
I'd say go to someone that DOES have VCDS because that might give you a bigger clue as to what is happening in your car. You will find a guru in the link:
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=130044
And if that does not work maybe you can find a VW literate shop in your area that is not necessarily TDI specific as a lot of those problems look to be generic.

If the problem is affecting so many varied random items it may be that there is a central ground wire that services those items.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Even if you are not doing much of any work yourself, you really cannot get much help from anyone here if you do not have something like VCDS for issues such as yours. We can only guess, and my guess would start with checking power and ground circuits starting at the battery and working outward.

Windows based portable PCs are cheap. I use an Asus EeePC that was $230 brand new... over a decade ago. Still works fine (although I have replaced the battery, $70, once). And it is used daily. It has been sat on, slid off and fallen on the floor, farted on, even suffered a brake fluid bukake event by accident. Still kickin.

You can find decent used ones for $100. VCDS does not require a whole lot of computing power to work.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
And then there's the latest VCDS Interface that has a built-in web server, so you can pair it to your phone and use its browser (VCDS-Mobile)...

Labjet

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Today I realized that if I press the recirculation button off, the brake light comes on, and vice versa. I have been afraid to lock the the car because I read a thread about the turn signal lights sticking g on due to CCM and lock activated horn beep and lights flashing.
I will look for local help, Louisville, KY, btw.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Even if you are not doing much of any work yourself, you really cannot get much help from anyone here if you do not have something like VCDS for issues such as yours. We can only guess, and my guess would start with checking power and ground circuits starting at the battery and working outward.

Windows based portable PCs are cheap. I use an Asus EeePC that was $230 brand new... over a decade ago. Still works fine (although I have replaced the battery, $70, once). And it is used daily. It has been sat on, slid off and fallen on the floor, farted on, even suffered a brake fluid bukake event by accident. Still kickin.

You can find decent used ones for $100. VCDS does not require a whole lot of computing power to work.
You had me at brake fluid bukkake. Just ordered one with WinXP on it. I've needed something I can throw vagtacho, and vcds for that matter, on it.

Typrus

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Black Jetta Sedan GLS/TDI 5mt
I.... was not expecting to read the word bukkake today... my phone just got a coffee-nose-spray lol.. thanks oilhammer haha