Another video

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
removing broken mount bolts (common problem) on trans job.

DIY'ers you'll need a welder and oxy-acetelene torch. Maybe carry the trans to a shop to have them do it.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Newest video.
Diagnose and fix boost problem (low power) with P0299

find the time to move your mouse over the subscribe icon then push that button on the left (click it!) You can do it! It doesn't cost anything!

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Latest Tdi related video is on mount bolts that strip during TB. Same thing can happen on clutch job or trans R&R.

If you need your front engine mount or trans mount repaired or want to buy one exchange email me on my website at www.kansascitytdi.com

Lots of vw and other auto related repairs on my channel. I only post tdi related ones here.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
latest video on DMF rattle, twisted flywheel and damage to trans case from neglected dmf rattle.

added Porsche content no extra charge

Last edited:

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
Excellent video. Sorry for your mishap with the used engine. Please keep us updated.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Excellent video. Sorry for your mishap with the used engine. Please keep us updated.
The head from the original engine had been rebuilt at some point and was installed on the used engine. Then we tried to swap his gear drive balance module to the used engine and the following video is what we found.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Here is a video on resurfacing a solid flywheel on a brake lathe. This is on a 2.0L gasser Vw. You cannot resurface a Dual Mass flywheel, but we commonly put in solid flywheels in our Tdi's and if you ever needed a clutch again, after installing a solid flywheel, you could save money on the 2nd job by resurfacing the solid flywheel and not have to buy another.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
here's one that Courtland led the diagnosis. He has a habit of saying, "Its a fried computer," just a little too soon in the diagnostic process, so I make fun of him by saying "FRIED CHICKEN!" every time he says it. Was he right? Was he right twice? "Watch the video and see how we prove its fried computer or fried chicken.

GEFP

Veteran Member
TDI
2- 2001 Jettas, 2 - 2002 Jettas (1 for parts) 2003 1.8t Jetta (parts) 2014 Jetta
Great video! I'll be able to use the info in here to diagnose my gutless 2001. So I noticed that your video title says 2003 but Courtland in the beginning of the video says the car is a 2001. That probably doesn't matter but if it does..... Where do you get wiring diagrams like in the video? Is it from a service package that you subscribe too? I have a Bentley and I can figure out the wiring from it but I like the idea of being able to draw on the diagram.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
For this diagnosis the exact year is probably irrelevant, as the system in question would be identical on the two years we mentioned. I'll take a look and see if I can fix the discrepancy. I edited the title to fix the discrepancy. Thank you.

Shops like ours subscribe to a tech service such as alldata, Pro-demand (mitchell) and or identifix. The diagrams I usually use in the videos all come from one source and are then distributed by these services.

Thanks for watching.

Last edited:

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
Newest video is on a Eurovan (not a tdi) but includes information you might need to diagnose your tdi if you have a similar issue. The symptoms and diagnosis is similar to previous video (in post 57 above) we made, but there is quite a bit to be learned from comparing both diagnosis.

CoolAirVw

Vendor
TDI
Jetta
I decided to fix this wreck. Now this doesn't make sense to fix, but I'm doing it anyway, just to show I can,and to save what was a nice car.

List of damaged stuff
1 front end (fenders core support, hood, headlights, radiator, condenser, AC hoses, fans)
2. Alternator
3. Power steering pump and pressure line
4. Injection pump and bracket
5. Oil filter adapter housing.
6 Impact knocked off TB so pistons smacked valves.
7. washer bottle, fuel filter, coolant reservoir
8. Air filter housing, maf sensor, battery tray, battery box, battery
9. "tray area" under neath wiper cowell Bent requiring patched in piece and new wiper cowell
10. Windsheild broken
11. passenger airbag, drivers airbag.
12. "ARMS" that support fenders.
13. right axle

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but point being no sensible person would fix this! But I had a several parts cars including two with matching silver paint.

Here's the most recent video.

Last edited: