ECM Flash has been recalled (09-10)TDI

joetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2-2002 Jettas W/Auto
This flash for O2 sensor faults and MAF had been stopped for now.

Problem with ECM flash.

TDIBri

Veteran Member
Yes - more details, please.

I just had this done (6 days ago) and I must say it finally made me come to happy terms with the drivability of this CBEA versus the old (slightly modded) TDI ALH it replaced. MUCH better manners in low RPM / starting from stop situations - I can now easily pull away from stopped just lifting the clutch without touching the go pedal (as it should). I'll be VERY bummed if there is an issue with the update.

The only negative side effect I've noticed is possibly a slight hit to fuel consumption (although a bit early to tell as we've had some environmental effects lately which may have contributed).

joetdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2-2002 Jettas W/Auto
It's been put on hold due to a error in it's programming. It was stopped a few days ago.

jaymzaugust

TDI
2009 Jetta
THANK YOU for this! I scheduled this update with my dealer, and a week later when I show up (March 1st), there were no recalls, TSBs, or ECM updates of any kind available for my VIN. I was starting to question my VW dealer's competence ;) ... I did get a free carwash out of the whole ordeal

pleopard

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI
Uhm... So, has the ECM update been halted or recalled (i.e. Will VW be notifying customers and recommending the ECM be flashed back to the older version?)?