Dyno Day in Platteville, WI April 10th

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
I'll be hosting a Dyno day in Platteville on April 10th starting @ 10AM and all cars have to be done by 9PM due to the schools rules for noise.

Map of where the Engineer building is. It's building 25 on this map and you'll be entering to get to parking lot 30. http://www.uwplatt.edu/contact/Campus_Map.pdf
Hopefully this make is a little bit easier for everyone to know where they are going, since I can't find the exact address to the building.

This will be held at the New Engineering Building on UWP's campus. Due to time constraints I'm limiting the # of cars to 10 and two spots are already gone. Myself and a friend with a nice GLI have the 1st 2 spots, so that really only leaves 8 other openings. There will be a required donation for using the Dyno. I'm going to have to confur with the SAE Group that is helping me out with this event. They would be the ones that would get the donations to help out their group for any of the events or competitions they are participating in. Some of the money may go
towards tools, materials etc. for projects have are working on.
My best guess for the donation amount is $30 or so. Approximately $10 a pull. You'll get to do 3 pulls on the dyno.

A word of caution is to make sure your car has all the maintenance up to date and everything is in good working order. I will not allow a car on the Dyno that has a CEL! Myself included if I have something come up the day before and can't figure it out I will not be putting my car on no matter how badly I want to:mad: The school will not want any broken down vehicles in the parking lot left there for an extended period of time. I would like to see everyone drive away from the Dyno Day.;)

It's a Mustang Dyno that the school has.

So that is the scoop on the Dyno Day, so if you would like to know what your car is putting out and help out a SAE group you are killing two birds with one stone.:D

Dyno List:
1.3L3M3NT
2.JettaGetUpandGo
3.nic_a_bod
4.jacobedward
5.Fix_Until_Broke
6.zyllek
7.Curious Chris
8.Hatchet Ratchet
9.darkhorse

Last edited:

JettaGetUpandGo

TDI
No TDI. 2005 Jetta GLI
About the no CEL... I have one for cat inefficiency that won't be going away due to the high flow cat.

I'm assuming you meant a CEL in regards to an actual engine problem.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
JettaGetUpandGo said:
About the no CEL... I have one for cat inefficiency that won't be going away due to the high flow cat.

I'm assuming you meant a CEL in regards to an actual engine problem.
Yeah I don't want to put a car on the dyno when there are known issues, so yeah your car wouldn't be a problem with the cat inefficiency.

I thought there was a rule that you have to own a TDI to be a member on TDICLUB??? lol Or maybe if you know someone who ones one is good enough.:D

JettaGetUpandGo

TDI
No TDI. 2005 Jetta GLI
3L3M3NT said:
I thought there was a rule that you have to own a TDI to be a member on TDICLUB??? lol Or maybe if you know someone who ones one is good enough.:D
I dunno... Maybe it's an unspoken rule. I clearly stated "No TDI. 05 Jetta GLI" in the registration.

I've browsed the Non-TDI upgrades forum quite a bit in the past, so I figured it was worth signing up for a username.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
JettaGetUpandGo said:
I dunno... Maybe it's an unspoken rule. I clearly stated "No TDI. 05 Jetta GLI" in the registration.

I've browsed the Non-TDI upgrades forum quite a bit in the past, so I figured it was worth signing up for a username.
I'm just messing with you Brian. Glad to have you as a member on the "Club". See you tomorrow night.;)

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Fix_Until_Broke said:
I'm interested

Do you have any information on which model dyno it is?

Will we get a data file or just a picture?
No I don't have any information the exact model of the Dyno, but I can ask.

I'm pretty sure that they could get everyone a data file. I'll check on that too.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Fix_Until_Broke said:
I'll run on the dyno whatever it is - just would like to know what it is and what kind of data I'll get. I might try and get some IMP/EMP/Vaglog data during the dyno run if possible.
Don't worry I didn't forget about you FUB. I've sent my contact an email and I tried calling him today. So I don't have an answer for you right now, but I'm pursing an answer for you.

It's getting close to finals week for these guys too, so I'm pretty sure they are pretty busy with final projects and studying for tests coming up to finish out the semester.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
3L3M3NT said:
Don't worry I didn't forget about you FUB. I've sent my contact an email and I tried calling him today. So I don't have an answer for you right now, but I'm pursing an answer for you.

It's getting close to finals week for these guys too, so I'm pretty sure they are pretty busy with final projects and studying for tests coming up to finish out the semester.
No big hurry - finals are way more important than any of this stuff.

Just wanted to make sure I was "on the list"

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Fix_Until_Broke said:
No big hurry - finals are way more important than any of this stuff.

Just wanted to make sure I was "on the list"
Added to the list. I'm sure he'll get back to me at some point and time.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
I should also make note that people are also Welcome to stop by and see the new Engineering building and all the Toys that SAE comes up with each year. They have a Formula, Baja, and Clean Sled Team that each have their own Vehicles to come and check out.

So if you are close and feel like stopping by feel free to make the trip to Platteville. So kind of like a mini GTG for some of the Club member who are interested.:D

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
put me up there....hoping by then i've got the bio going by then, would like to see some numbers on d2 vs b100.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Fix_Until_Broke said:
If for some reason you don't fill all 10 spots, I'll make a 2nd run with RC6 ASV compared to RC5 ALH
If there is time at the end of the 10 cars we could allow you to make another run with the ASV.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
Fix_Until_Broke said:
Cool - This is lowest priority, anyone else who wants to go, obviously can.
You can be the 11th person or a back up 10th in case someone doesn't show or can't make it for some unforseen reason.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
just an fyi i'm a tentative right now. all depends if my sorry a$$ gets anything accomplished this winter/spring. if i haven't gotten any of my proects done on the jetta i probably will not be attending...time will tell.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
ducesrwld said:
just an fyi i'm a tentative right now. all depends if my sorry a$$ gets anything accomplished this winter/spring. if i haven't gotten any of my proects done on the jetta i probably will not be attending...time will tell.
Not a problem. I'll probably have one or two people as back up incase people end up not showing up.

Fix_Until_Broke

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03 Jetta, 03 TT TDI
3L3M3NT said:
Fix Until Broke said:
I'll run on the dyno whatever it is - just would like to know what it is and what kind of data I'll get. I might try and get some IMP/EMP/Vaglog data during the dyno run if possible.

Bump for dyno model/info information and a great opportunity to check out your car.