Drivers Door Auto Lock Quit Working?

bjmarler

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, White
Just recently the drivers side door "auto lock" quit working. All the other door lock mechanisim goes down when I use the remote, but not the drivers door. I can manually either push the plunger down, or physically use the key in the door to make it go down.

However, the alarm does arm even though the plunger does not go down, so that seems odd. The remote will unlock the drivers door after I push the plunger down, so it's just a problem with it locking the door or making the plunger go down.

Any suggestions where to look first. I found this thread... am I on the right track? http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=119428&highlight=door+lock

Since I have a 2004 Jetta, would this be covered under warranty? If so, should I just have the dealer fix it?

bjmarler

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2004, White
Thanks for the link. That sure sounds like my problem. Funny thing is today since the weather is warmer it worked for a while. Then tonight when I got home, it did not work. Oh well....

Anyone know if this is covered under warranty? Im at about 37,000 miles.

sootandclatter

Veteran Member
Mines has done this for the last 4 years, just when I am going to try fix it then it works normal for a spell and quits intermittantly, just one of VW's normal conditions lol SC