Removing the Turbo - Polo 2DR 2006 1.9TDI

blis

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDI Polo 2006 (2005 built)
I've been lucky at Sparesbox, our local online supply house and found a peirburg EGR for a reasonable price, so Im putting it on.

On my Polo MK4 AXR, the limp mode is debilitating us and when we tried to use a 7mm hole, it's went rich too often and I think the EGR seems always open. Weve been driving in limp mode for months now and without working chips and firmware, I cant think of any way and assume the air temp sensor is what senses the blanking...

Will take off the intake manifild complete, it's too hard to get to one bolt of the EGR, when in place.

blis

Veteran Member
TDI
1.9 TDi 9N AXR Polo Blown Turbo - White Smoke - No Boost Low - FIXED

At LAST we have our Polo back to her fully torque glory...

After some epic white smoke issues then the EGR block, then attempt to fake the system failed in more smoke, it was evident my EGR was fubar and needed replacing. So with that done, bled and cleaned what I could from the intercooler and put her back together and hoped for the best.

The Engine light went off and things were looking on the up and up, we drove out the driveway, and it was hesitating at low RPM. We noticed the boost was there but at under 2200 rpm, it would make a horrible sound and no boost...

We checked the IDLE control valve, it seemed to operate fine and disconnected it causing Limp Mode. Then the car didnt hesitate or make the rattling noise but had no power due to Limp mode.

We cleaned and checked the boost pipe for cracks or leaks and everything was ok and decided to check and clean the MAF and disconnected the vacuum hose to the air box...

While cleaning the MAF, my son decided to remove the solenoid block and check the vac line wasn't blocked with the compressed air gun. A piece of schmoo shot out and cleared the line leading to the vacuum solenoid valve.

Took it for a drive and it's running sweeeeeeeet!

FIXED: Thanks for the support, hope this helps!

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Glad to hear you got it sorted. There's another guy on here having a similar problem to yours.

Good thing you had your son helping!!

blis

Veteran Member
TDI
Still working a treat... That blocked air bleed cause a lot of issues that one would not have expected and in hindsight, I still think we're lucky to have found the source of the issue

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I have referenced this thread a couple of times to folks with similar problems, I haven’t heard yet if it has helped anyone but post #152 sure could point someone in the right direction. Thanks for the follow up.

How’s the summer treating you guys, we had 9 degrees above 0 F here last night, to cold to early.