15's sitting on dealers lots; 1 year lease?

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
I was at the dealer today and I heard this. He didn't have all of the details but elluded to the cars that can't be sold might be offered as a 12 month lease. I thought was interesting but not really as a replacement car for anyone here, why would, we basically have a 24 month free lease on our current cars.
It would be a way of VW putting their toe over the line to the EPA...The EPA telling VW, "We wanted the cars off of the road" VW's reply "You wanted them off the road in 2 years....they will be off the road by then".

Has anyone else heard this rumor?

tadawson

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2015 Passat TDI SEL
Sounds like BS, since with the fix, the EPA doesn't want them off the road at all . . .

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
Yeah, I think the operative part is "I was at the dealer today and I heard this." The idea that the dealers are somehow a good source of information is contrary to my fifty years of experience as a car owner.

Philpug

Veteran Member
TDI
Gone but not forgotten
Yeah, I think the operative part is "I was at the dealer today and I heard this." The idea that the dealers are somehow a good source of information is contrary to my fifty years of experience as a car owner.
I don't disagree with you. The salesman has been relying on me and some other customers for info but said the G.M. did hear it. Note I didn't say it was rock hard info. Is it a possibility to get these cars off of the dealers lots? Sure.