*newer TDI owners plan to fight back

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddschwaner

TDI
2010 Golf TDI loaded 6spd on order ; 2002 Jetta GLS loaded 5spd
i assume most newer TDI owners are financed through Volkswagen Credit. Its time instead of sending a check, send a letter of disgust and that they will not be paid until we receive a timely fair solution to THEIR "LOYAL" customers they care so dearly about.
every consumer of a 2009+ TDI is going to end up being the victim here. They negated their deal to offer a fuel efficient performance CLEAN diesel vehicle. They purposely lied and defeated the EPA standards and more importantly, MIDDLE CLASS HARD WORKING AMERICAN CITIZENS, the main consumer of a TDI vehicle. we do not deserve to have a reduced resale value, reduced promised MPG or performance, or the hassle of a modified vehicle and the aggravation of getting their recall done and the unknown of reliability.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Yep, you do that. And you'll end up with no car to drive (and I assure you, your car WILL continue to perform just fine, even with increased levels of NOx and you will never know the difference), and you'll end up with a bad black mark on your credit rating. And you'll look like a fool.

ddschwaner

TDI
obviously it preforms fine and will continue to do so. but all vehicles are out of compliance with EPA standards. but will it after they decide to reflash the car. you can continue to be a pawn. we have been duped by a multi billion dollar company and deceived. typical

TDI2000Zim

Veteran Member
TDI
VW hat meinen '14 Passat TDiSE getötet.
Instead of playing with a bad credit rating, try selling your TDI to an enthusiast here (which may recoup your money).

But I wonder if they will pay the same price as in two weeks ago

ddschwaner

TDI
obviously you are a puppet to "credit". im not selling my TDI. What i can tell you, i am not losing thousands of dollars because of VW and their dieselgate. This is their problem.. not mine. unless a timely fair solution is offered they should not be paid. explain to me how you cant justify that in your little mind

ddschwaner

TDI
should we be the good american and keep being kicked while we are down. so im supposed to pay for VW's vehicle when they clearly admitted negligence and hiding the truth. sorry but i cant wrap my head around YOUR logic

ddschwaner

TDI
im calm as ever. its just pure evil to see hard working american's screwed over because a year from now that will be the outcome. class action lawsuit, gas card, 100 credit toward your next VW. Have some morals and values, no one should get away with this at the expense of the middle class. enough is enough

50harleyrider

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 B5.5 TDI/geared BSM, BV43A turbo,stage 2 TDTUNING. 2005 5sp manual passat tdi stage 2 tdtuning,BSM delete. 2015 Passat TDI 6sp manual.
Has anyone heard the priority for buyback? ie 2009 first or last?

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
Why not simply KEEP your car and keep driving it and maintain it and get the most amount of use out of it? Get it paid off and then enjoy a few years of not having car payments.

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Why not simply KEEP your car and keep driving it and get the most amount of use out of it? Get it paid off and then enjoy several years of not having car payments.
Sometimes people just like to get a new car. You bought a couple of BMWs recently, but you could have kept driving the VWs. ;)

rustycat

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 passat sel
I know this is probably the wrong place to pose this question, but, I'm fatigued from looking for a more topical thread.
So, without further preamble, can someone either point me to a thread or web site that specifically list what warranty extensions--items covered--will be extended to owners that decide to keep the car and take the fix and cash?
TIA

n1das

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 535xd ///M-Sport, 2012 BMW X5 Xdrive35d, former 3x TDI owner
i assume most newer TDI owners are financed through Volkswagen Credit. Its time instead of sending a check, send a letter of disgust and that they will not be paid until we receive a timely fair solution to THEIR "LOYAL" customers they care so dearly about.
every consumer of a 2009+ TDI is going to end up being the victim here. They negated their deal to offer a fuel efficient performance CLEAN diesel vehicle. They purposely lied and defeated the EPA standards and more importantly, MIDDLE CLASS HARD WORKING AMERICAN CITIZENS, the main consumer of a TDI vehicle. we do not deserve to have a reduced resale value, reduced promised MPG or performance, or the hassle of a modified vehicle and the aggravation of getting their recall done and the unknown of reliability.
Please....don't do this. As Oilhammer pointed out, you will end up with no car to drive due to repossession, a trashed credit rating, and end up looking like a fool.

You will have up to 2 years to decide what to do. Nobody is being forced to give up their cars. You will have the OPTION of participating in the buyback or having the car "fixed" plus receive some money from VW for your troubles. A third option would be to opt out completely and take no fix or buyback from VW and keep the car and keep driving it.

Does NJ require any emissions related recall(s) to be performed in order to renew your registration?? You should check into this. If no fix is required to renew registration, you don't have to do anything at all. It will still pass an OBD-II scan like it did before. If NJ requires any open emissions recall(s) to be performed to renew registration, they can't hold to a fix that doesn't exist yet. If a fix exists and you are forced to have it done in order to renew registration, if you are keeping the car you can get it fixed and then use the money from VW to get it "unfixed" afterwards. If you just want out of the car, then consider taking the buyback. You will have up to 2 years to decide what to do so there's no hurry.

Good luck.

Last edited:

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
First come, first served.
Can't say I will be holding my breath.

All my documents were submitted 9/17. All but one car still has the blue eyeball (documents under review), while the one car has the green check mark (documents accepted, verifying eligibility).

phrinda

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI- bought back
Man, we love these dieselgate threads so much that we are re-opening heated threads from LAST September. Fun...

Status
Not open for further replies.