$500 Loyalty Card....Floor mats on eBay?

sag362

TDI
Jetta
Don't want to count any chickens before they hatch, but since we are looking to take up VW on the buyback offer, and not looking to put any $ into the vehicle, what should we do with that $500 loyalty card? We have 3 months left to spend $500.

Since the card is named, and it says you have to be present to use the card, selling the loyalty won't work. My thought was to go to the dealer and buy CC or Passat rubber floor mats and then just sell them on eBay. Anybody else have any better ideas?

Thanks is advance!

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
Have another car? Buy it a set of tires pre-need. Should not matter if they are not a VW size. They can order them for you.

sag362

TDI
Jetta
Good idea, however, our other vehicle is a lease, and will be handed back in 18 months.

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf
Seems like many of those cards are sold right on this forum. The dealership does not care who uses it, I think! I used mine at a dealer owned performance shop and the just walked down the block and ran the card at VW.

langer

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 a3 & '07 gasser gti
You don't need to be present to use. Can be ran over the phone or online like a credit card.

dopechess

TDI
2013 A3
they have some nice Yeti coolers or rack related accessories? bike rack? cargo carrier?

dopechess

TDI
2013 A3
i would call your local VW dealer's part department and ask. They could theoretically order the yeti cooler for you if they don't have it in stock. I have heard a few guys on other forums did that to get the Yeti cooler.

I didn't realize how popular these Yeti coolers are.

DancingDiesel

TDI
2011 JSW DSG
I got my cards activated yesterday.
First thing I asked the dealer was if they had
I <3 MY TDI t shirts, bumper stickers or license plates.
They laughed pretty hard!

nutfinn

TDI
2012 Jetta
I bought set of tires for my wife's car, had to put $200 my own money, but still. Michelin Defender 205/55-16 :)

Last edited: