Central MD or maybe south central PA - anyone have a 14mm triple square?

ssnapier

Veteran Member
TDI
86 Turbo Diesel (RIP), 2006 Jetta TDI
I should have looked at this procedure before I bought the stuff, but I didn't. Does anyone have the 14mm triple square needed to do the rear brakes on a Mk5 Jetta? I just ordered one along with a few other things from TDIparts.com, but if someone within an hour of me has one I could borrow that would let me get this job over with sooner than later!

My cell number is 301-712-7262 if anyone wants to loan me this tool. I live in Frederick, MD so if you are within an hour of that and have this thing (and feel like sharing) please give me a call!

Digital4n6

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi A8L TDI
Call the local Snap-on guy for $32.75 list. Price is steep, but he may let you "rent" one. Cheaper to ask a mechanic on a lunch break at Fitzgerald VW of Frederick MD.

I'm in Frederick MD (commute to Baltimore MD daily, Richmond VA weekends) but don't have any triple square bits. Sorry. If you find someone that has one in Maryland I can bring it back to Frederick to you, though.

ritsco

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 TDI GSW SEL and 2006 Golf TDI GLS
Pep Boys had a set, but I think the biggest one was 12mm. I could be wrong, so check. Also, if you search on the web for triple square you will find a bunch of sets and some are fairly inexpensive. If you plan on keeping your car, it's not a bad thing to buy. Also, I think Metalnerd has some for sale.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
I think I have one. I will check in the AM. For the price & distance involved, it may just be easier to buy one. Try your local NAPA store. They sometimes call them a serrated wrench.