FS: 2001 jetta TDI Big turbo/stanced/votex

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
US buyers keep in mind with the Canadian dollar so low it would cost roughly $11,000USD for my car. I'm confident in saying you couldnt start off with a TDI this clean and build it like this for anywhere close to 11k

Schoust

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta Alh 5spd
My Son wants to build a similar deal. What sort of numbers does this car generate? Have you been to the track? 0-60 times? We are looking for different recipes to have some Fun with! If you lived closer might even pop in to see what it's all about....
Nice Job!

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I've never had the car on the Dyno so not sure the exact numbers and the car hasn't been data logged yet and completely dialled in to reach its full potential of all the mods done but the car does pull really well! Never tracked it either it's just my nice weather driver. Was my first car and I thought I would have it forever so I built it to be everything I ever wanted but now I'm looking to upgrade to "my dream car" 04 SVT cobra.

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Yeah 14.5 CAN. Works out to 11k US. Try and build this car with everything done for 11k and see how it works out for you. Oh and start off with a 14 y/o jetta that looks like it's years old. Everyone that has ever seen my car even before everything was done cannot believe how clean it is. Anyways thanks for the free bump. You can go leave some negative comments elsewhere. Someone who know what it takes to make this car and likes the way it sits will pay for it

Schoust

Veteran Member
TDI
00 Jetta Alh 5spd
I have run some numbers and no doubt you have some real Coin into this Bad Boy! But honestly it will no doubt take a special person to buy this car a person that has been here before and knows just what it costs to go fast! A lot of Guys don't understand that it becomes an absolute obsession and before you know it you thousands in the hole!
I know I have done this a couple times over my life. What stinks is you need to be prepared to either take a hit or simply say I'm keeping it before I loose this much..
Try building a Drag Car. That is a project that you never recover your cash from.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tydaddy

Veteran Member
TDI
Sold - 2003 GLI, 2003 TDI Wagon, 2010 TDI Sportwagen, 2010 Touareg v6TDI, 2005 TDI Wagon, current - 2006 v10TDI
I have run some numbers and no doubt you have some real Coin into this Bad Boy! But honestly it will no doubt take a special person to buy this car a person that has been here before and knows just what it costs to go fast! A lot of Guys don't understand that it becomes an absolute obsession and before you know it you thousands in the hole!
I know I have done this a couple times over my life. What stinks is you need to be prepared to either take a hit or simply say I'm keeping it before I loose this much..
Try building a Drag Car. That is a project that you never recover your cash from.........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Agreed. It's really difficult to get your money back from the mods you make. It's pretty common knowledge that mods never hold value. Either way good luck!

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Yeah I know that. I went into this with that thought in mind and even if I got 14.5 for it I'm still taking a big enough hit. Also I want this car to go to someone who knows how much work went into in and can appreciate it. I'm not in a rush to sell it I'm just seeing if that one person who wants it is out there. If I can't get what I want for it I will just keep it. This car has so much custom work done to it with no expense spared and no corners cut. It's not just a simple 17/22 swap where everything else can just bolt up. To run these turbos you need custom down pipe, custom IC pipes, afn manifold and the extras to get the potential out of this setup. IMO this setup is perfect for someone who wants a Bullitt proof "fast" tdi. This turbo spools not far from a stock vnt 15 and with the ported and polished head, cam, lifters it has very low EGTS and idles and runs better than stock mk4 TDIs. The head vw tech that helped me put the IP in and set the timing said he couldn't believe how smooth my car runs for everything done to it. Just some food for thought for anyone possibly interested.
Please keep whatever negative comments you may have to yourself. I'm not here to get into a debate with someone I'm here to sell someone a very unique tdi.

Bluebaron

TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 1986 Jetta 1.6L Non-Turbo, 2003 Beetle 2.0, 2015 Passat NMS, 2015 Beetle TDI 6 speed, Tesla Model 3
Bump for the passion of this build!

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
It's big for this motor. Spools like stock almost and makes big power. I've been in a car that had a 2260 and it doesn't build good boost till like 2500rpm. In a car that red lines at 4700 what's the point. And any bigger that that turbo is useless unless you have a compound setup.

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I'll throw in a speedtech boser hood extension and bora r rep skirts with the car if someone buys it by mid NOV.

Last edited:

tstdimk4

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Car is parked now till spring. Still for sale and can be seen if serious about buying but no test drives till may

speed185187

Veteran Member
TDI
Case 580 Super M,
Free bump for you. I'm getting the same hate from others and i'm listing my car for less than half of yours. It's amazing the people will comment, "that aint worth that much" or "way too much" with absolutely no flipping clue what it takes to bring our cars to this level. I'm very close to your build.

lord_snot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf, 1999 Beetle
Trying to sell a modded car myself for about the value of the mods. Sadly, if I had the spare parts and time, I could probably sell the mods separately, return the car to stock then sell it, and nearly double my money vs. selling with the mods included.

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Yeah sadly mods add no value to the car. Ive kinda learned over the last year that to modify a car is wasteful. In the future ill buy it, drive it and do bare minimum maintenance as the rest of america does and save the money for things that really matter like the kids college or retirement or just to have saved for a rainy day. Life lessons are inportant it just sucks when they cost so so much.

lord_snot

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf, 1999 Beetle
Yeah sadly mods add no value to the car. Ive kinda learned over the last year that to modify a car is wasteful. In the future ill buy it, drive it and do bare minimum maintenance as the rest of america does and save the money for things that really matter like the kids college or retirement or just to have saved for a rainy day. Life lessons are inportant it just sucks when they cost so so much.
I've gone back to Hondas. I'm modding my new CR-V with some Weathertech car mats and that's about it:)