2009 TDI "hiccup/shudder" fix!

deezulvw

TDI
2009 JSW TDI 6spd
well I finally found a way to resolve this problem!

it is very simple!

just sell the car and never buy a VW again!

good luck everybody!

VW you should have provided proper customer service?

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
deezulvw said:
well I finally found a way to resolve this problem!
There is actually a much cheaper way to fix this "problem".

Remember the old joke about the guy who says to his doctor - "It hurts when I do this" ; and the doctor says "well, then don't do that".

The 2009 hesitation issue (in my experience) only occurs when you are accelerating very gently through 2000 rpm. My fix is simple - don't accelerate gently through 2000 rpm. I use DBW's break-in instructions and let that little turbo do it's job and accelerate briskly. I have not experienced this "hesitation problem" in many months.

The "go" pedal is your friend, in this case.

Good luck with your new (non-VW) car. I fear that you will discover that no car is perfect.

Have fun!

Don

xtoyz

Veteran Member
TDI
Dodge Cummins
I rarely rarely rarely experience this hiccup. I am also a "brisk" accelerator, so I'm sure that helps!

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
O well can't make every one happy. I would offer him around 18 to 20 :p His loss some gain.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
Actuaally, there has been a 'fix' for the low idle shudder that does not include selling the car.

There is a European replacement for the egr stainless steel gasket. There are three hole sizes, the smallest having a 9mm hole. I think another is 12mm. I don't recall the other size.

Kirk Blackmore, Wisconsin introduced me to this fix. Sorry, I don't know his username off hand.

Pelican18TQA4

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Hybrid
Franko6 said:
Actuaally, there has been a 'fix' for the low idle shudder that does not include selling the car.

There is a European replacement for the egr stainless steel gasket. There are three hole sizes, the smallest having a 9mm hole. I think another is 12mm. I don't recall the other size.

Kirk Blackmore, Wisconsin introduced me to this fix. Sorry, I don't know his username off hand.
Maybe you're thinking of the '05.5-'06 TDIs? I ask because the new 2.0l common rail as found in the '09-'10 TDIs was essentially designed for the U.S. and Canada market. There isn't a completely equivalent version in Europe as the European version does not include the two EGR systems and I don't believe it has the NOx filter either (but I could be wrong on the latter point).