when is the next TDI meet???

silverbeast

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 2 Dr GTI - Candy White
with the nice weather coming up, i was wondering when is the next TDI meet and where???

hope to see some nice cars...

i really enjoyed the meet last summer at dizzeldazler....

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Seems to me we did a fair amount of wrenching at Dieseldazzlers that day...

I plan on starting my clutch swap the 21st, and carry over to the 22nd of April. I do NOT have dieseldazzlers resources unfortunatly, but its a big 2 car garage on a quiet dead end street. Could probably manage an intake cleaning or tb change alongside.. TB tools and vag com are both available.

Craig B

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Its a bit of a drive, but I am having a small wrenching GTG at my place in Whitby next weekend to swap out some head studs. All are welcome. See the head stud GTG thread for details.

DieselDrink

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI 1.9L
Craig/Wingnut: I'm not in for a clutch (yet) nor the headstuds (yet), but I may like to come by one of your GTGs to say hello.

I'm dying to do an intake cleaning or a small TB andjustment in prep for nozzles. If I can get one of those things done would be good.

But if not (your GTG purpose priority of course), I'd like to drop by anyway to watch/learn/meet. Enjoyed the Bolton drive last weekend, so I'm 1/1 Ontario GTGs so far this season.

atifvw

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Jetta TDI, 2015 Golf Wagon TDI. 2008 Grand Cherokee Diesel
DieselDrink said:
Craig/Wingnut: I'm not in for a clutch (yet) nor the headstuds (yet), but I may like to come by one of your GTGs to say hello.

I'm dying to do an intake cleaning or a small TB andjustment in prep for nozzles. If I can get one of those things done would be good.

But if not (your GTG purpose priority of course), I'd like to drop by anyway to watch/learn/meet. Enjoyed the Bolton drive last weekend, so I'm 1/1 Ontario GTGs so far this season.
It was nice to meet you last weekend at Bolton GTG Chris, I want to know more about intake cleanup and TB [just turned 100k i think tb is due at 140k on a PD engine] so debating whether i should wait for it to get to 140k before doing intake cleanup and tb together or can/should do cleanup now, if it makes a difference drive wise......

Don't even know what head studs do so may show up at wingnuts GTG to learn more TDI stuff:)

Khal

Veteran Member
LNXGUY said:
Like I mentioned before, we need another wrenching GTG. To me those are the best..
I would not mind coming to one of those. I don't mind turning a few wrenches.

Bill... Hope those tires are treating you well.

VWScully

Veteran Member
TDI
looking for one :/
I'm up for one! :D I need to change out all the fuel lines in the Rabbit to comply with B100 and replace my front control arms not to mention do an oil change and just get the car road ready for the Summer!

What about the Putnam facility? Do you think we could get that again? It was awesome! :)

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
Anybody who's going to either GTG (Wingnut's or Craig's) have a power bleeder they can bring along?

I need to bleed the brake fluid again and don't trust the 'buddy pumps pedal' method.

I also need to buy some brake fluid. By the way, I've got the ATE super Blue stuff in their now, so if I use that again, how will I know when the new stuff is coming through. The last time (first time) the OE fluid was in there, so it was easy to identify.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Muggins...use some Motul RBF 600 (racing stuff) goes well with the Race Pipe from DG :)
You will notice a diference in shade. The old one should be a litle amber (I know it's blue...but it gets a tint)

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
Thanks, Nigel.

I think I remember you writing about that power bleeder. Pump up pressure sprayer (originally for gardening) with tubing and cap that screws directly on the brake reservoir.

Something like that, right?