VWTech: did he get recalled?

riddei

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat, 1997, Storm Grey
Looks like VWTech has fallen off the face of the forum today. He must have gotten an ear full from the managers of the dealership for making his presence known on these pages.

car54

theGAME
TDI
2002 Jetta
nope, he was having fun coming in here acting like a moron. i'm sure somthing came down from high up to stop. HEY VW, I WORK FOR A DEALER, I WILL DO ANYTHING POSSIBLE TO COVER UP SIGNS OF TAMPERING BEFORE YOUR REP SHOWS UP ON ANYONES CAR, I'M NO LONGER ON YOUR SIDE. YOU LOSE.

that was fun. vw wont have any beef with the cars i work on

Turbo.Steve

While VWtech mentioned that his bosses did not like him posting, he said he wanted to leave on his own accord and not because he was adhering to their counsel.

I agree that he needs a break, just as I took one for a few days while concentrating on getting things ready for an engine installation.

Speaking of "recalls," it was funny that the Rep and his boss kept saying several times that no turbos or MAF's were "failing on VW diesels" and they had "never heard of a TDI turbo failing." These things "only happened to gassers."

Right!

....And I've never ever heard of VW denying a warranty claim without adequate investigation either.
It just doesn't happen, just like a TDI turbo failure - "never heard of such a thing! Have you?"

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
I wonder if this Heritage is owned by the same Heritage as here in Atlanta... They have a history of "bouncing" warrentees just as soon as they see ANYTHING changed... A friend of mine (who is on this board) was threatened by them that if they chipped their car, they would immediately void their warrenty... They also made the comment that they knew about Fred's and knew everyone on here that had modded their cars and would be "looking out" for them...

Gary M

P.S. Just to give you an idea, at a VW Club sponsored event, there was a person from VW copying down VINs of cars that were in the "Autocross"... Autocross is considered "ABUSE" by VW.....

Doug Huffman

Veteran Member
Washington Island, on the other side of Death's Do
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2K3 Silver gone to new home
That VWoA is on the lookout for "abuse" would almost be OK if they would equitably assist those of us with virgin cars. Stealerships can only exist with tacit approval by VWoA.

I wonder if my securely mounted pistol-safe will violate my warranty?

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>
P.S. Just to give you an idea, at a VW Club sponsored event, there was a person from VW copying down VINs of cars that were in the "Autocross"... Autocross is considered "ABUSE" by VW.....
<hr></blockquote>

patrickreyn

ya you do not have a german battery so your warranty is voided oh by the way your car runs too good so it must be modded no you moron I broke it in hot and and I run it hard and it has stretched the belt and advanced the timing. they tried for three days to find a mod none nada. germans its a mindset of all their manufacturers

osidak

Veteran Member
TDI
'17 BRZ Limited PP
ok another little humorous quip

since the general feeling among VW owners is that the dealers stink and they tend to break or are unable to fix our TDI's then couldn't it be considered abuse to take your car to a VW dealer to be worked on.... This voiding our warranty....

Jim Williston

Veteran Member
TDI
silver 00 NB
I Like your logic Omar

I think we should have some large cards printed:
"Void your warrantee.....service your car at an authorized VW dealer" - or -
"My car was ruined at XXX VW Sales and Service"
These could be displayed in a window of your choice.
Jim

Turbo.Steve

Ol' Silver has never been to the dealer for any claim or maintenance whatsoever (until the recent engine dilemma) and having a tech who cannot count to 5 during an oil change was a simple example of using prudence to not have your TDI abused at the dealership.

Finding any dealer with a very knowledgeable diesel tech is harder to locate than buying a 4-motion Passat with the 3.3L V-8 / Pumpe Duese injection / 6-speed in the USA.

There are some very good VW techs out there and this is not a knock on them, just that the skill level needed to properly maintain a TDI is more diffucult to learn and rare these days.