Don't Trust That Your Dealer Did the Monsoon Speaker Fix

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Don\'t Trust That Your Dealer Did the Monsoon Speaker Fix

I have been following the speaker wire TSB on the 2002 DD Monsoon over at the Vortex. So far two people are reporting that they took their car into dealer for fix and it wasn't done as the dealer assured them.
If you take your car in for the fix, and it still sounds bad--pull it yourself and check to verify.
There are very good instrucions in this thread:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=284941&page=1

deazel

Veteran Member
Re: Don\'t Trust That Your Dealer Did the Monsoon Speaker Fix

ya know mary, i took mine to the dealer, got it back, and can't tell a dang difference. now i have half a notion to go back and make em pull the head unit so i can verify right there in their shop. i'm already scheduled for next week to go in there and i'm looking forward to it. i got a gut feeling they didn't do it. i just can't figure how people on this site, and vortex too, say what a great sound improvement was made on that left side front speaker, when the dealer said they did the fix on mine and i ain't impressed at all. maybe i oughtta just pull it myself.

MaryP

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI, GLS, 5 speed
Re: Don\'t Trust That Your Dealer Did the Monsoon Speaker Fix

One dealer told the guy that his wiring was correct, and it wasn't. The other dealer said they did the fix and didn't. The TSB is confusing---shows the INCORRECT wiring detail, but not the correct. I think it is misleading. I am going to see if I can be in the shop when they pull the HU.