EA288 Kerma or Malone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO (under fueled oiler)

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Volkswagen Jetta tdi manual transmission
Everything is installed and the car is back on the road. Thank you to Fixmyvw.com Andrew is great, and his team is fantastic to work with. I emailed them at 12am my time 3am their time and got a response in 30mins while i was working on the car! Seriously the best customer service for any site I've ever ordered parts from and I now have 3 modified cars.

Stage 3 is awesome, I skipped everything else so I can only comment on it based on stock. The car now pulls all the way to redline and feels like it would keep pulling. I've only take the car out for a few miles so far but now I can't wait to drive it more. Might even take it on a road trip this weekend if the snow holds out and I dont need to bring the Subaru.
Just something I found on another thread posted at 1am. My story is much the same.

Shife

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SE DSG White/Beige
Sounds like fun. Do you have vcds? I'd love to compare log results from the three tunes.
A missed opportunity for sure. I do have VCDS, but I didn't take logs of the Active 12 or Kerma tune. I unfortunately don't have a lot of free time. I really should have made time for it, but I also didn't foresee being in this unique position.

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
Great, thanks! I thought that was some sort of "main office" info.
Jeff is a one man show......You get a personalized tune from him....He is a mechanical Engineer and knows his stuff! Malone is based in Canada and has a network of Dealers....Kerma is based in Utah and also has some Dealers
I have no experience with any of them except Jeff (Rocketchip) and he has been the only Tuner to touch my cars for nearly 15 years and IMHO he is the Best!
and I would highly Recommend him to you based on where you are Located!!

dlhovland

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 golf Tdi manual transmission. Wife's car a 2014 toured v6 Tdi
Give Kerma a call great service. Ordered mine Tuesday should be here today

Last edited:

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
I've had tunes from Jeff, Charlie, and others over the years

ALL of them do good work. Some are easier to reach than others but the end result is very similar.

You have options:

-Kerma (Charlie)
-Malone (Mark)
-Aligator (Dynosoft- Wojciech)
-TDTuning (Mike)
-Rocketchip (Jeff)
-Ruben (rub87)
-Gunther (German tuner)
-Hannu (hatemi)
-MikroTuning (redrotors)
-Profituning (Slovakia)
-Van Vught tuning (Netherlands)

Those are all I can think of atm. Plenty of people do tuning for TDIs :)

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
I'm curious? How did you do? The new cars are quite different from the old, and I suspect tune better. If you made a choice, how does it drive?

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Yes tuner wars so dull. I started with Upsolute long long ago, then migrated to Rocketchip. Only tuner I have used as I have always been happy with my tune so I have not tried any others.

Gurvir

TDI
2015 VW Jetta TDI 6 Speed
Im curious what the OP went with, i was also looking into tuning my 2015 jetta and wanted to get a dpf delete along with it any tips or suggestions??

Status
Not open for further replies.