Ineligible for buyback but no reason from Ricepoint!

mcflyathome

TDI
2015 Golf TDI Highline 2.0
I have a 2015 Golf TDI Highline with manual transmission. I bought this car new from Volkswagen in January of 2015. I had phase one fix done on my vehicle on March 7, 2017, before the settlement was reached in April of 2017. I read in a letter to 2015 owners that getting the fix done before the settlement does NOT disqualify me from doing the buy back or trade in. I sent all my paperwork in and today, I see on the portal, that I am ineligible for the buy back that I have recently chosen.

All my paperwork was in before Sept 1st, 2018 (was in and approved August 27, 2018 and two people I’ve spoken with at Ricepoint have acknowledged this) and I had all green check marks next to all of my required paperwork before Sept 1st as well. I also did not apply to get reimbursed from the phase one fix.
Why would I be ineligible? It stated clearly in the letter that I would still have options if I did the phase one fix before the settlement date...which I did.
I signed into the claims portal and that is where I saw that I was `ineligible’. I have not received any written correspondence from Ricepoint. I have called Ricepoint three times and no one can tell me why my claim is ineligible. In fact, it’s just the opposite when they have looked into my paperwork—all the people at Ricepoint I spoke with can’t understand or tell me why I am ineligible!!!!
Can anyone help me??

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Simply put.... getting the "fix" opts you out if the buy back...it's always been stated as such.... not sure how you received a "fix" with getting the $$$......

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
......I had phase one fix done on my vehicle on March 7, 2017, before the settlement was reached in April of 2017.....
The settlement was actually reached in 2016, well before the phase 1 fix was ever made available.

And yes, getting the phase 1 fix done automatically disqualifies you from being eligible for a buyback offer.

A small amount of research in your part would have easily informed you of the option for buyback well before 2017.

My first car was sold back January 3rd, 2017.
.. not sure how you received a "fix" with getting the $$$......
Just walk into a dealer and ask for the modification....

Last edited:

duratitus

Veteran Member
TDI
Several different models. Selling them back to VW
Thanks, and my apologies....... I don't know when the Canadian settlement was reached.

mcflyathome

TDI
Getting fix #1 does not disqualify you from buyback

It was clearly stated in a letter to 2015 Golf owners that getting the phase one
fix done prior to the settlement date (April 28, 2017 in Canada) will still give
You the option of doing the buyback or buyback with trade in. If you got the fix after the settlement date then you have chosen the fix and will not be able to do the buyback. I had my phase one done March 7, 2017 so I am still eligible for all options.

mcflyathome

TDI
Change of status!!!

So thankfully my status has now changed from ineligible to eligible!!!
I’m moving forward in the buyback process and received confirmation of this
from RicePoint today!!! I knew all along I was eligible!! ? woohoo!!