New look for the dub

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
Well this I got some KW V2 coilovers and some 18's....I don't much care for the wheels but they will hold me over i guess(sorry for the cell phone quality pic :S)

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
god do i ever need a skid plate... my mud flaps drag like no other hahah
better quality pic for you guys along with my GTi tails :)

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Damn man, that's low. Did you take the midlle perch out in the rear? How did you drop it so low? My car sits at least 1/2 higher in the rear even though it's dropped completly on Koni coilovers.

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
That was your first mistake :p
KW V2s here my friend. Still alittle undecided about them. Some days i liek them some days i don't. guess it's just my A.D.D. kicking in :)

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Looooool, I am pretty pleased with mine. And more than that...I will jack the car up at least an inch shortly.
Well, tell me why you think KW are better than Konis. I am not argueing. I just want to know. Beside, what's to argue about a 700 cad set of coiovers :)

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
I was just kidding, I've never even rode on Konis before. Like I said, everyone brags and boasts about them. At the end of the day they aren't that impressive. Sure you can go lower then anyother coilover but thats not what it's all about. I'll put a rear sway in and get back to you. And i never said what i paid for mine either ;)

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
Used of here. But they are in like new condition.
Lowest new price for Konis I found in Canada was 1050 I think at Performance Improvements in Newmarket.
And KWs I think use the same KONI shock, just different springs. I might be wrong though.

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
yeah i was thinkign for some reason they used KONI's as well
here's some pic's from tonight

my gf's GTi 1.8T

Moving shot

Our cars

Ended up seeing a friend of ours at the beach...so group photo. One of each
TDI VR6 1.8T

BrianCT

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDI
Deezel dub said:
Well this I got some KW V2 coilovers and some 18's....I don't much care for the wheels
Nice. Couple of low cost mods you could do are the Joey Mod: Simply remove the plastic lenses off the headlamps with a hair dryer. Then paint the inside trim rings black. Let dry and assemble.

Click on photos below for enlargement
Works if you're signed in as a member in the TDI photo gallery

Then if you are not happy with your wheels, though these seem terribly dark in contrast to your silver exterior body paint, you could rough them up and have them resprayed another colour with a pPG Dupont paint. I did this last year with Sebring Porsche silver.

Regardless, I like the GTi paint scheme with the black bumper rubs.

BrianCT

Deezel dub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf Variant
I don't much care for the "joey modded" headlights either.
The wheels i have stripper and have done one wheel so far...i tried flat black but i'm going to go gloss black with a red lip. I'm having them powder coated by a friend