2006 TDI Fuel Hose Replacement

ilikediesels

TDI
2006 BRM Jetta TDI
I noticed a raw fuel smell on the highway a few weeks ago and narrowed it down to a leaky fuel hose at the filter, the line to and from the engine.
I replaced it with Gates Barricade hose but I couldn't get something similar to the S bend in the factory hoses. Have any of you replaced this and ran a different routing than me? Not loving this set up at the moment, but the only way I could get the hose to avoid kinking. Is there a more flexible fuel hose out there, or something I could slip over the hose to stop it from kinking?
I cleaned up the residual fuel in the photograph and the leak has stopped, I suppose this routing is okay short of looking a bit weird?

https://imgur.com/a/DdF0O0F

Wmt6820jetta

TDI
2005.5 jetta
I replaced all my lines with -6an hose and made my own routing, no kinks at all and easy to do, and much cheaper than the molded hoses..got some good efi clamps in the same size, not a single leak
Mk5 with Brm engine, forgot to add that

Last edited:

ilikediesels

TDI
2006 BRM Jetta TDI
I replaced all my lines with -6an hose and made my own routing, no kinks at all and easy to do, and much cheaper than the molded hoses..got some good efi clamps in the same size, not a single leak
Mk5 with Brm engine, forgot to add that
Do you have any photos of this? I'm curious how you adapted the fuel filter cap to accept the -AN fittings.

ilikediesels

TDI
2006 BRM Jetta TDI
Is this section of fuel hose under any significant pressure? Thinking I could just use a 90 degree brass fitting for the bends.