oem vw mkvi body kit

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
does anyone have the oem vw front valance, side skirts, and/or spoiler added to their golf or jsw? if so how do you like them? i was thinking about getting them and was just wondering what some options were. i like to keep everything as factory as possible and it's covered under my warranty.

dubidoobs

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 "Facelifted" JSW 6MT | 04/2010 Build Date
does anyone have the oem vw front valance, side skirts, and/or spoiler added to their golf or jsw? if so how do you like them? i was thinking about getting them and was just wondering what some options were. i like to keep everything as factory as possible and it's covered under my warranty.
I threw the Votex "kit" when I first bought the car. I say "kit" because that's what the set what called on the site when I built the car. When my order was being written up, the salesman must have pieced the "kit" out for me/there may not have been an option in the drop-down menu of their system, and I got all pieces (front lip, side skirts, rear valence, rear valence insert) - EXCEPT the insert, and I haven't come around to pick one up online.

I also have the Votex textured door rubstrips. It's not everyone's cup 'o tea, but I'm a MKII guy, and I've always loved the black OEM plastic, especially the door strips! I am interested in the rear spoiler, but Votex spoilers are $$$...

The car is my daily, so please pardon all the road rash/chips/cracks, etc. that one may spot...

pics courtesy of vwvortex.com 2012 DOTD coverage. It was almost heaven sent that the car's rear-end wasn't shot :D :

Last edited:

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
I was thinking about doing that to my wife's jsw but we get snow here so that made me rethink it. Idk if she'd rip that off in the winter. We the front that is.

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
KraftwerkB6, that's some awesome pictures. thanks for posting. i think i'm gonna order the parts for both of our cars.

sdlucky7

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
Here are some pics of the kit on a Golf... I think it adds some extra sportiness. :D

(I try not to pass up an opportunity to be a photo whore)

My only issue with the Golf one is that there is no rear valance for the US version - Something about the bumper being different.

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
sdlucky7, thanx for posting the pics on the golf. it's a definite now!!

Bob Sacamano

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
Does the JSW and the Golf have the same front bumper?

i know part numbers are different, but is the bumper actually different?

Last edited:

Djtrickz

TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Does the JSW and the Golf have the same front bumper?

i know part numbers are different, but is the bumper actually different?
Anyone know? I just got a JSW and have the same exact question on its bumper vs the golf's. They look EXACTLY the same, but different part numbers. Prices for the golf's always seem cheaper.

Pharcyde145

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT
The information is out there both in these forums and VWVortex, learning how to use the search tool and patience are helpful skills to hone.

The bumper cover's are the same, but the front quarter panels are different between Golf and JSW. Meaning the the body lines from the Golf bumper don't mesh perfectly with the body lines of the JSW fender.

The other catch is if you swap to a Golf R or GTI bumper on a JSW, the washer fluid reservoir from the JSW will not fit underneath the new bumper cover, it's slightly too large. You'll have to source a washer fluid reservoir from a Golf for the fitment to work perfectly.

Photo's of the misalignment between a Golf bumper cover and JSW quarter panel, as well as the specific part number of the Golf washer fluid reservoir are readily available after some light digging. If you truly get discouraged, use this: https://cse.google.com/cse?q=+&cx=018097697432185261444:_idbzjdyxdm

Last edited: