BRM Higher RPM Vibration

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Has anyone experienced a really bad vibe 2750rpm to redline?

The motor mounts are relatively new. Idk what else to check but it’s pretty intense. I just don’t want to be damaging anything. The car has about 133k on it.

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Nope that’s the frustrating thing. Suspension is all good, and it’s strictly rpm dependent.

The dual mass was replaced years with the tsb. I’m going to check torsion value soon.

Anything else?

Nathan.

TDI
2006 Jetta 1.9L 5M
I had that same problem only when moving. It didn't matter what gear I was in. Mine ended up being the cheap solid steel axle I put in the passengers side. The VW axles are pretty pricey but they are a hollow shaft that dampens the vibration. Im not sure if this is your problem or not. If the car vibrates while in neutral you may have big problems.

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Uh oh I just replaced the passenger axle with an o’reilly part.

But how would engine rpm dictate this? If it’s a cv wouldn’t it be speed dependent?

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Is that grounds to warranty it out?

I was reluctant but the driver side was fine from the same source. But it’s longer so it makes sense.

Last edited:

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
O'reillys? I wouldnt put parts from there on my car if they were free. Shame on you. Your poor car is suffering.

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Yes yes I know. It’s my sister’s car and it was a case of I have an hour to do this and she wasn’t in a position to spend oem money.

narongc73

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Not everything from O'reilleys is bad. I installed a brake switch from them and it works as intended. Dealer wanted way too much money for a 4 dollar part.

Matt Carlson

TDI
13 Golf TDI
Agreed. A new shaft fixed it all vibes are gone. Still irritated I did it twice but good to go.

kbaisley

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 5spd
As a note for future reference, Napa offers a remanufactured part for the axles for around $75.00. The last few I have had have been rebuilt oems. Decent boots, that have held up for 2 plus years as well.